Albums

Altas' Pov

"Fuck off, Adam!" Julian scoffs as his car crashes against the wall for the fourteenth time now.

The screen flashes declaring Adam the winner again and the guy smirks in victory.

"You're shit at this, Julian. I've been losing insane amounts because of you man. I don't wanna bet anymore." I laugh taking the controller from him.

To anyone who's not family, Julian would look all unbothered but I can see his ears slightly turn red. It's a shared trait in our family that each one of us hate losing —although I'm not sure if Adeline's the same.

"You should be smart enough to not bet at me." He rolls his eyes and grabs a beer from the mini fridge.

When Adeline moved in, Dad made sure there wasn't a single cigarette or alcoholic beverage in reach. We were forced to take our shit to our bedroom and some of us were obviously more compliant than others.

But since she didn't hang out with us and hasn't come to the living room even once, we decided to bring everything back and live our lives as we normally would.

"I thought we'd have the sake tonight." I eyed the can in Julian's hand.

"Kaito bought some sake again?" I could see his eyes flash with a subtle excitement. Nobody loves alcohol in this house more than Julian.

"Yup! Along with those cracker nuts." Adam added and restarted the game.

Julian started sipping his beer. He can tolerate a good amount so he'll obviously have both.

"Did Adeline meet Kaito yet?" Adam asked checking his phone for notification —a habit of his— as the screen loads.

"I don't think so. Tigress runs back to her den the moment she's done stuffing her belly." I answer.

"Tigers don't live in dens." Julian comments. "Maybe our baby sis' a fox or a groundhog or maybe a stunk, but the type who only smells of food."

She could also be a rabbit, she's quite cute.

"She doesn't smell of food, you ass." Adam rolls his eyes. "She smell like jasmine, her favorite brother knows." Adam smirks at us.

"You mean Rhyett?" I smirk back.

"He's not her favorite. She's literally scared of him." I'm not sure why Julian sounds pissed at this conversation.

He must be missing a good session at the warehouse.

"I think they're getting close. Atleast more than she's with the rest of us."

"That's because she was crying last night and Rhyett is just checking up on her."

"When was the last time you saw Rhyett caring for anyone."

Rhyett always asks Dad or Cyrus to check up on one of us if we're in some shit. We don't mind because we know he cares but it doesn't come natural to him. It's just how he is and we've never wanted him to change.

"Two years back." Adam replies to my question. "When Valerie got the flue. Dude was feeding her soups and giving her blankets." He laughs remembering how whipped our oldest brother was —still is to some extent.

I never would've imagined seeing Rhyett so concerned for anyone. The way he was with Valerie made us all believe he genuinely wanted her.

I never expected him to mess up so bad.

"I miss Valerie living here." Julian takes a big gulp of his drink.

None of us are good at expressing but we all loved Valerie. We never wanted her to move out. Like Kaito, she felt like a part of us —something we're yet to experience with Sasha.