Disagreement

Hey guys!

I have another chapter ready so how about 300 votes on this one for a bonus update... Or I'll see you next Saturday as usual.

                             ———

Adeline's Pov

“What about this one?” Altas turned his laptop towards me. “It’s quite close to home so you won't have to travel a lot.” He explained.

“But it's once every weekend. I’d be too fat to hide by the time fifth class rolls by.” I sighed in exhaustion.

“I think this one’s best then. It doesn't include cooking though, it's only baking. But it's every evening for one month. Offs on weekends.” Adam gestured to the course he found.

“That can work. I hope my belly won't get too obvious till then.”

“It won't, don't worry. It's barely visible now, how dramatically would it change in just a month?”

“It can change dramatically, Adam.” Expecting the twins to know anything about pregnancy is like hoping a cow would fly.

“You can quit when that happens.” Altas suggested.

“You don't have to quit, Addy.” Cyrus interjected. “Even if someone finds out you're pregnant, what's the big deal?”

“It is, they’d know...” How do I explain this? “Everyone will think I… you know… they'll think I did that.” I mumbled the last part.

“It’s nobody's business how you got pregnant. And they're gonna find out eventually when you have the babies in your arms so screw them and their opinion. Enjoy yourself and don't stress about things that's bound to happen.”

“But I don't want it to happen today. I want to hide it as long as I can... Atleast till they're born.”

“But what difference would that make?”

“I...” I tried searching for the right words.

I didn't know what exactly I was scared of. I didn't know why I didn't want anyone finding out I'm pregnant. I thought I didn't care about anyone’s opinion but it didn't feel right revealing my secret to even a random stranger.

“You won't understand.” I said, frustrated by the whole conversation.

“Then help me understand it.” He was so relaxed that it annoyed me even more.

“I don't want to talk about it.” I said getting up to leave.

“Don't you think we should discuss and resolve this issue?”

“There's nothing to be solved. I don't want anyone finding out and that's it.” I suddenly turned to Adam who looked at me with cautious eyes as if I'd attack him any minute. “Send an application for me. I can hide the bump for a month,” I looked back at Cyrus. “Or I'll just drop out.”

“That's the issue. Why would you drop out because of other people?” Cyrus was adamant on getting on my bad side.

I completely ignored his question. “I’m going to go make double chocolate cake, anyone want some?”

No one answered my question because they knew what I was doing. When everyone stayed quiet, I left. They were all looking at me like my outburst was uncalled for.

Why can't anyone understand me for once?

I'm bothered by how neither Rhyett or Lucius said anything to Cyrus. I get it they trust his judgment but I wanted them to speak for me when I didn't have the words to describe my thoughts.