Business

Adeline's Ροv

Fear of the unknown.

Thought it was strange. How can you fear what you don't know? How can one be scared of something he hasn't seen or felt before?

But now I get it. It's not what you know of but what you don't want to experience. It's the fear of finding out what lies on the other side.

It's not thrilling for me today as it usually was. I loved unexpected situations but right now I feel like turning around and burying myself in the layers of blanket I find comfort in everyday.

But sadly, it isn't an option. If Lucius Storm calls you to "talk" in his office, you go and listen to what he has to say. There's no button to refuse the meeting.

Wiping my sweaty palms on my jeans —which I put on today for a change— I knock my knuckles against the door.

"Come in, Adeline." Cyrus' voice reach me.

I twist the handle and push open the door. Two of my oldest brothers are already inside but the person who called the meeting isn't here yet.

I take a peak at the clock and see I'm five minutes early. Of course my father is never late.

"Take a seat." Cyrus says without looking up from whatever he's typing on his phone.

He's leaning on the desk probably talking to his girlfriend. As much as I know that takes majority of his free time and he loves each second of it.

It's so cute seeing people in love.

My gaze slide to the brother who I don't know if I'll ever see madly in love. Rhyett's sitting across from dad's chair writing something in his little notebook that I've seen him write in from time to time.

I take the empty seat next to him and curiosity gets the better of me and I chance a look at what he's writing.

Change of clothes, snacks, scissors, towels, bottle of water….

I read the first few lines and my brows pull together in confusion before I read the title of that page.

Labor Bag.

Rhyett's listing out everything that he thinks I would need and the way he's so focused and taking this so seriously is just.... So adorable.

"Is that for me?"

That has to be the most dumb question I've ever asked but I was so touched by this that I couldn't think of anything else to say.

He finally looks up from the notebook. "Yes, if you want to add something, tell me. I'm adding the basic stuff first.”

"We still have months for it. You don't have to worry about it right now."

"It doesn't hurt to be prepared sooner."

"Ok..." I glance over to the list again. "But why do you have plushies on there?"

He looks at me like I'm out of my mind. "Isn't that your comfort toy? I saw an army of it in your room last time. We should take it in case you feel stressed."

I give an uncertain nod. I hadn't thought about it yet but having my plushies after giving birth does sound good.

Maybe I can cuddle with them when the babies are off me....

He turned back to what he was writing and I went back to overthinking why I've been called here.

I didn't even do anything but I'm still panicking like I have three bodies stashed in my closet.