Ultrasound

Adeline's Pov

"How about swimming?" Adam asked with a hopeful glint in his eyes.

For the last two days the twins had been trying their best to get me to spend more time with them. From their offers of games, food, movies and mall, we're at this now.

"She can't wear a bikini. She has a swollen stomach." As usual Altas managed to ruin my mood with his obnoxious comment.

"I'm not fat." I snapped.

"Fuck! I'm not calling you fat." I could see he regretted his words. "I'm just saying you must have something underneath those baggy sweatshirts."

Without giving it a second thought his hand shoots up to cup my stomach as he assess how big my belly is. I smack his hand away and he steps back.

He didn't seem to mind my reaction and looks to be thinking something. "That's hardly anything. How far along are you?"

"Almost 12 weeks."

"Is that normal? Shouldn't you have put on more by now?" His words brought back the worry I never let go of.

"Come here." Rhyett orders from his place at the sofa.

I was standing near the coffee table with the twins as we munched on some dried berries and Rhyett was working on his laptop at the other side of the room. But he obviously had his ears trained to our conversation. And the way his brows were drawn together told me that he's slightly worried now.

I went to him wordlessly and he placed his hand on my stomach. I wasn't someone who despised physical touch, I was ok with it but this situation definitely made me a bit uncomfortable. I didn't move back and Rhyett removed his hand soon enough.

"This seems normal. Valerie said not all women immediately gain weight. You're still at an early stage." A sense of relief washed over me at his words. "But we'll discuss it with your gynecologist today." There goes my hyper vigilant brother again.

"You have an appointment today?" Julian asked looking up from the iPad in his hand.

"It's her first ultrasound."

"Really?" Altas asks a little too enthusiastically and I already know I'm not gonna like what follows. "I'll come too.”

Rhyett and dad were already accompanying me and with our eldest brother present, I definitely don't want anymore people who'd give the doctors a hard time.

"You don't know shit about pregnancy, Altas." Julian rolled his eyes and then turned to me with politer expressions. "I can come with you, Adeline. I've looked it up, I think I know enough to be useful."

He sounded so sure and I wondered if all my brothers have started educating themselves about pregnancies now —all except the twins.

"It's not rocket science." Altas argued. "I've seen it happen in movies. They'll put the device on her stomach and we'll see the baby and then they'll tell us the gender."

"That's not due until after eighteen weeks." Rhyett knew more about this than me. "But we can see the baby and hear the heartbeat today."

"Then I'm coming too. I haven't seen that before." Adam sounded as excited as his twin.

"I haven't seen that either, Adam." Cyrus was no better as his next words proved. "But we can't all go so it's just gonna be me, dad and Rhyett."

I never agreed to that. Is no one gonna ask me if I'm comfortable with more people joining in. They all seem to be interested in this little adventure of my ultrasound.