Debate

Adeline's Ροv

“Lucius.” I run to him and crush my face into his chest, clinging to him with a death grip.

I don't look at anyone else in the living room but from the whispers I can guess they're all worried about my strange behavior.

My father immediately brings his arms around me and returns the hug. He didn't mind as I wet his suit. He understood I needed comfort and I was glad he was ready to provide that.

Ever since mom died, I thought I would never be able to have such understanding and connection with anyone. But I'm grateful that I have a family who cares for me.

Even if I haven't gotten to that point of comfort with them yet, I know I gradually will.

“Why does every bad thing happens to me?”

My voice came out muffled as I pressed my face harder on him, wanting to stop the pounding in my head.

“Sweetheart, what happened?” He asked, rubbing my back soothingly.

“Reign,” I sobbed. “He knows.” 

I pulled back and looked at him as I wiped my tears away. He was so confused and so concerned. I'm sure my babies must be equally panicking because of my stupid worrying.

I grab his hand so he understands the urgency of the situation. “You have to talk to him. Tell him to keep it a secret. I don't want anyone else to know. Please do something. If he-” He cuts me off.

“Relax, Adeline. Nothing will happen.” He assures.

“You'll talk to him?” I sniffled.

“Yes, I'll talk to him. Everything will be fine.”

I barely know the guy who found out my biggest secret. I don't know which morals he does follow. Though it didn't feel like he would but I can't know for sure that he wouldn't decide to publicize what he knows.

It would be the perfect revenge for breaking his heart. He holds the piece of information that can make my worst nightmare come true.

All the media would eat up my family's dirty secret like hotcakes.

I nod still not believing that everything can indeed be fine in my life.

Even if Reign doesn't tell anyone, this will come out one day. I haven't even built up the courage to tell Josh and George about it, I don't know how I'll face the world.

“Is that why you're so worried?” He asked softly.

Tears keep flowing from my eyes as I try to get a grip of myself. “Yes. He knows and now he'll start hating me, he’ll be disgusted-”

“Did he say that?” Cyrus asks, sounding offended.

“No, but… Why would he like me now that he knows I'm pregnant.”

“It doesn't matter because you don't want him to like you.” Altas shrugs.

I scowled at him. “But he shouldn't just leave me because I'm pregnant.”

“See Addy,” Adam brings my attention to himself. “He liked you but now he knows he can't get with you so he left. I think it's great that he isn't making your life more difficult.”

“But it doesn't make sense.” Why does no one ever get me?

“What doesn't make sense?”

“That…” I trailed off.

Taking a deep breath I tried thinking why I'm so affected by this incident. Because the reason isn't just the fact that he found out something so personal about me.