Text

Adeline's Pov

“Addy.” Rhyett called me.

I looked up from my phone and waited for him to speak. He was spinning a pen in his hand for the last forty minutes. He looked normal but I was getting weird vibes for some reason.

“Can you by any chance um… text Valerie that you miss her.”

I just stared at him. I didn't understand what he wanted me to do. I just talked to her yesterday, why does he want me to tell her I miss her.

“What I actually meant was that… tell her to come over because you want to see her.”

He said it so seriously like his words were making some sense. If he wants to invite her, why doesn't he talk to her himself? Then it struck me. They had a fight —more like Rhyett had a fight because she was clearly trying to sort it out.

I guess they're not talking anymore and so he wants to use me to communicate with her. I had been their matchmaker since I sensed something was going on, it's my duty to help them make up.

“Did you try talking to her?” I asked.

Rhyett sighed and slumped down next to me. “I’ve tried everything. She doesn't pick up my calls, she doesn't return my text. I went to her house but she didn't open the door. I even went to the clinic but she threatened to scream at me in front of all my men so I had to leave. She said she's not gonna listen to anything I have to say because I didn't hear her either. I’m still hopeful because she hasn't blocked me yet —which she did when we broke up.”

“But when she finds out that I invited her over because of you then she'll be mad at me.” I mumbled.

I didn't want to ruin my relationship with her. She was the only girl in my life and I wanted her around.

Rhyett chuckled. “She won't be mad at you. Trust me.”

“Don’t you think she'll leave if you try to talk to her?”

“I have to try...”

“Get her some flowers and something sweet. That's the best advice I can give you. It's not like I've been in a relationship before.” I chuckled but fell silent when I realized what I had said.

Everyone at home now knew about Jordan and it’s so dumb of me to say I was never with anyone. But our relationship was so short-lived that sometimes I don't count him as my boyfriend.

Rhyett cleared his throat. “I have planned for jasmine and vanilla pudding —it’s her favorite. Do you remember the ring I bought?” I nodded. “I’m putting it to use.”

“Oh my God! You're finally proposing to her?” I gasped.

He smiled. “Yes. I think it's time. I want her to be mine now.”

“But I think you should sort it out before proposing, what if she rejects you because of the fight.”

“Don’t worry. I'll apologize first and then get on my knees… I really hope she doesn't reject me.” He shook off the thought.

“Well if I was her, I would be so mad-” I cut myself off when I saw the hurtful look on his face so I reassured. “But she's so sweet, I'm sure she'll forgive you. She loves you a lot.”

She does love him a lot. I’ve seen how caring she is towards him. And the way she talks about him like he’s the most important person in her life is so cute.

Besides, she sleeps with him, that’s the highest level of love in my dictionary. If I were to ever give myself to anyone, it would be someone I really love and trust.