Boss

Ethan’s Ροv

“Then you have to tell her about our vacation home in Switzerland. She mentioned she likes Europe so it would be perfect. And you can casually slide in if you want you can join us this summer-” I cut my son off.

“I got it, Reign. You don't have to instruct me about each possible situation, I will improvise the script when necessary.”

I don't know what's wrong with him. He still hasn't accepted the fact that she's already his girlfriend. Everyday he wakes up and tries to find a new way to impress her. 

“We're here, Sir.” The driver informs us.

Reign takes a deep breath and gets out of the car with me. He's been quite comfortable coming here now but he's nervous because I'm accompanying him today and for some reason my son fears Adeline and I won't get along well.

He's just stupid. That girl doesn't have a single reason to dislike me. It's not like I intimidate her or something.

“She already knows I get good grades but it won't be bad to mention that again.” He whispers as we walk to the front doors.

The amount of times I’ve heard my dialogues for the past four days is concerning. But since it's my own flesh and blood I have to tolerate him. No matter how lovesick he may be.

I really hoped he would have enough trust in me to handle a simple dinner but I was too optimistic. When it comes to his girl, he wants everything perfect.

“Evening Ethan.” Lucius greets me at the door as his oldest son stands right next to him and follows with a greeting of his own.

“Good evening, Boss.”

Only bosses of my territories are allowed to call me by my name. Rest use the term boss. I gave Adeline the right to it the very first day my son showed interest in her but that girl didn't understand her privilege.

“Very good evening. Thanks for having us.” I couldn't be any more polite.

Now that we're looking at the prospect of a possible relationship, it's better we form a good one. I know Lucius and his boys do hold grudges against me and my son for being rude but they are no better where they can afford to act the same way.

And to be completely honest, it's necessary. They shouldn’t take it personally. If we all start acting as saints then slowly our men will stop fearing us. Most of the time our arrogance is to keep them in check.

“The pleasure is all mine.” Lucius gives me his perfected diplomatic smile which I return with one of my own.

“Where's Addy?” Reign asks.

He really can't resist a minute. I thought I trained him well to mask his emotions but even a child could tell he's head over heels for that girl.

“She must be in her room-” My son's excitement cuts him off.

“I'll go check up on her.” He was about to step towards the hallway to the left when Rhyett stepped in front of him.

“She’ll join us soon. You can wait with us in the sitting room.”

The pissed off look on his face was a clear indicator of his emotions and I held back from shaking my head in disappointment. He can't come to a teenage girl’s house and demand to be let in her room.

But since my son has been taking literal anger management classes with Adeline, he swallowed his ego and nodded before following the Storms to the designated room.

I absolutely love the change she's brought in my son. Not that I didn't admire his authoritative side, but he usually overdid it. A good leader must be poised where he needs to be but Reign used to let his emotions drive his actions.