Braids

Adeline's Ροv

“No way!” I gasp at his words.

“Well my analysis says so.” I can imagine him with a smug face at the other end of the phone.

“Rhyett isn't the type of guy to do something like that at a party.” I argued.

“Then tell me why they would both be in ruffled states? They even came back together. And with everything you've told me of how they act in front of each other, I think they were gonna do the nast-” I cut him off.

“Okay, just stop! I don't wanna imagine what they were doing. It's so…. Yuck!”

I guess my babies are equally weirded out because now they want me to throw up again.

“Don't think about it but he's gonna have a girlfriend someday and then they will do the nasty.” Josh loves to talk about anything that makes me want to throw up.

“I don't care what he does, I just don't wanna see the proof of it. And…. He could’ve told me if Valerie is his girlfriend. I thought he trusted me….”

I was suddenly feeling hurt. I didn't think he would hide something so big from me. I had imagined that he was as comfortable with me as I was becoming with him.

But maybe our relationship is limited to him taking care of me. He isn't obligated to share his secrets and might not consider me important enough to share anything with.

What makes it worse is that I feel like I'm the only one who isn't included in their family secret because I think even the youngest brothers know about it.

“Addy, it's not a big deal. You guys just met and he might just care about you because you're his sister but he isn't as…. open with you.”

“Do you think he would’ve even liked me if I wasn't his sister?” I don't know why I'm asking this.

“Honestly, no. He doesn't come across as someone who'd like to spend time with a teenager….” I know Josh doesn't intend to make his words cruel but they hit me hard.

What he said makes total sense. Age gap plays a huge role in every relationship. Not every sibling wants to spend time with the younger ones. And we are both total opposites.

Why would he bother wasting his precious time on understanding me?

“So he only cares for me because I'm their responsibility now.”

“I don't wanna sound rude but they're Lucius’ kids, who knows if they're the same. He abandoned you for years, maybe they're just as heartless…”

Josh has always been protective of me and that makes him say stuff that gets me more confused than I already am.

I prefer talking about my family with George since he has a more practical approach to things as he’s an adult but Josh finds it difficult to past his hatred for my family.

“No, that was different.” I said quietly. “Lucius had his reasons… Rhyett wouldn't do that.”

“I'm not saying he would. If I knew correctly, Mafia men are too egoistic to let go of someone in their family. But they might not want to be so close to you.”

“But I think they're putting in effort. Everyone spends more time with me now and they even strike up conversations on their own.” I argued.

I was offended by how he was accusing my family of something that I don't know if is true. But at the same time I wanted to have this talk and I knew Josh only wanted what's best for me.