Hug

Ewan's Pov

"Either we're getting a cat or I'm getting a new boyfriend." Kaito snaps from the other side of the phone.

I gasp dramatically and lower my voice, looking around to see if anyone saw me behaving like a fucking child.

"After all these years, you want a pussy now?"

I peal open the pack of vegan chips my adorable boyfriend got me addicted to. It's still twenty minutes for dinner so I might as well munch on something till then.

He scoffs and I can imagine him rolling his eyes. "Babe, we could have our cute little family. You, me and our little kitten."

I sigh. "We'll talk about it when you're back."

It's still a year till he moves back in with us as his father will take some time to recover. I hope he changes his mind till then.

"No, you-" He goes on to argue when there's a faint bark of a dog.

He'll obviously want one for himself when he's always surrounded by animals. I should've dated someone who's not a vet cause I don't wanna get scratched my whole life.

"Hey, I gotta go. I'll call you after the shift." He tells me hurriedly and I end the call mumbling a 'love you'.

He just left yesterday morning and is already on work now. Despite my constant persuasion he hasn't quit his internship.

I just don't want him overworking himself. He has such ridiculous hours.

He knows I have more money than what a thousand people would need for the rest of their lives. I can get him whatever he wants.

But he want to earn for himself and I do admire that immensely.

He knows about the Mafia and shit and although he likes to keep his distance, he doesn't judge me for it. He likes me the way I am.

He did infuriate me the whole weekend when he refused to let me fuck him just because I was avoiding my own sister but I love him regardless.

To be fair, I have been giving her time. I can't expect her to adjust in a life without her mother in a country she's never ever been to, in a blink of an eye.

So I wanted her to take some time and get familiarized with us and all the changes in her life. But Kaito thinks I should also put in efforts to let her know I care for her and not just sit back wanting her to like me one day.

"Adeline!" The moment she hears my voice, she halts and turns around.

There's a pack of biscuits and some candy in her hand. Ofcourse she only left her room to get some food and is now on her way back to hide from us.

She looks at me weirdly and I realize I'm supposed to say something now. Shit! I should've thought this through.

Should I just ask what's her favorite Disney movie. But that seems like an important question for a teenager. What if she doesn't wanna discuss that so casually?

I should just ask her how's her day going. "What's up?" I fucked up. I don't fucking know how to talk to girls.

Her eyebrows furrow and she looks at me as if she can't believe I'm talking to her. It take her a good few seconds before she finally answers.

"I was just going to my room. Kinda hungry." She gestures to the stuff in her hand. "You want something?"

I shake my head at her question and forward the pack of chips I'm eating. "Try these. It's Kaito's favorite. Something about this being Vegan or some shit." Fuck! I should learn how to speak without swearing. She looks hesitant but takes two chips anyway.