Rules

Adeline's Ροv

“Can you pass me the hammer?” Ewan asks me.

I put the yogurt back on the table and got up from my seat to get the hammer. “Why does everyone always ask me to do everything? I'm not your maid. I have a life. Am I only left to eat all day, suffer from horrible back pain, swollen feet and brothers who tell a pregnant woman to get up with this huge uncomfortable stomach and leave my food, all just to get them a hammer. And after all this, when I'm about to peacefully go to sleep I get kicked in the stomach like a slave.” I sighed, feeling overwhelmed. “Everyone acts like I'm the only one who doesn't do anything around the house, even these babies are so ungrateful for everything I do for them.”

When I reach Ewan, he has his mouth slightly apart and looks at me like he's out of words. I conclude he’s been weird but then I saw Josh with the same expressions as he sits in front of him holding the crib they're working on.

“Your hammer.” I grumble and hand him the thing before coming back to my seat to eat. “I hate it when they look at me like I've said some really nasty stuff. Can't I just overreact sometimes?” I whisper to Cyrus who’s sitting next to me as we both watch everyone else work.

“Chill, it wasn't your fault. He shouldn’t have asked you for help.” He tells me and passes me some more strawberries to add to my yogurt.

“You're right.” I agree with his conclusion.

We go back to supervising and share our opinions on who's putting in the most effort and who shouldn't be included when Cyrus sets up his kid’s nursery five years into the future.

Josh and Ewan work on the second crib as Reign's working with Julian on setting up the baby supplies in the cabinets. Adam and Altas are busy putting up the unflattering colorful curtains they chose thinking it would look good with the whole khaki and cream theme I decided upon.

“Shouldn’t the diaper station be on the right so it's easier to transfer the baby from the crib?” Reign suggests.

Julian considers the thought for a second. “I think we should rather move the cribs here because I really don't like them being so close to the window.”

“But we’ll need to put them in the sun occasionally so it's convenient to have them by the window.” Adam joined the conversation.

I scowled at him. “You’re talking about my babies like they're plants.”

“But babies need sunlight too.” He argued.

“Then I'll take them to the backyard for it. There's no need to put their crib by the window because you're too lazy to take them out of the bed.” I narrowed my eyes at him. “Don't worry I won't ask that from you if you hate babysitting so much.”

“There’s no need to be so rude, Addy. I was just trying to help with my limited knowledge.” Adam said irritatedly and looked away from me.

I started feeling so guilty. I always end up doing something that I shouldn't. I always take advantage of the care I'm getting for being pregnant and probably also the favorite child.

“I know,” I mumbled, biting my lip. “I'm sorry.”

I try not to always prioritize how I feel but also consider the impact of my words and actions towards others. I don't want to make my hormones an excuse but I can't help and feel strong emotions about the smallest things happening around me.

“It's okay. Cheer up now.” He said patting my back gently to let me know he's not mad at me.

It's so sweet that even if it was my fault, he’s cheering me up. Everyone knows I've started to overthink a lot which is why they try to let go of so many things where I'm wrong.