Invitation

Adeline's Ροv

“Everyone wants atleast one girl because there's already too many boys in our family. But Altas, Julian, Valerie and Kaito are team boys.”

“It would be so cute to see a smaller version of you.” Reign chuckled.

“I hope they do look like me.” I mumbled.

I've tried my hardest to accept the reality that there's a huge chance for my babies to be born with their sperm donor's features. But I still wish they won't. 

I don't want them to be a reminder of what happened.

I want them to blend with my family, look like us and grow up as Storms. I didn't want them to have a single relation to that excuse of a man —neither with features nor traits.

Reign simply nodded, deciding to remain silent on the topic. I appreciate he didn't dig into why I don't want my children to look like my supposed boyfriend.

“Which team are you on?” He asked, helping me put on my scarf.

I don't know if it's because of pregnancy but I've been feeling hot one day and cold the other. My body is always either overheating or becoming cold as ice.

Even the hot weather of Texas was making my neck freeze so I had put on a small scarf which Reign complimented me on saying it looks pretty on me. It's so sweet when he does that with a cute smile.

“Girls. Both of them.”

I’m trying not to overthink this and be okay with whichever gender I get but I really want girls. For some reason having girls of his looks didn't feel too bad but boys…

They're my kids every way and I'll accept them as they are. But if I could choose, I'll beg for girls.

“You?” I asked him.

I shouldn't have asked that. He must not have any opinion on the gender of my baby. He probably doesn't even think of anyone beyond himself, his father and sometimes me.

“I want a girl. But one boy would be good to have because they're always easier to make heirs.”

My head snaps to him and I scowl. “My kids won't be joining the-” I lean towards him and lower my voice. “Dad's Mafia.”

Even if I can't bring myself to be as excited for a baby boy, I won't ever let anyone make him join the Mafia. He won't see this side of the world. I'll protect him at all costs.

“Um ya of course.”

We start walking towards the exit when I subtly bring up the topic. “Did I tell you I'm hosting the gender reveal tomorrow.”

“I didn't realize they've grown enough to identify the gender.”

They have grown enough. Valerie said they were around the size of a sweet potato. I could’ve found out the gender on the last visit but I declined. I just didn't have the courage to find out. I was scared my fear would come true so I decided to take some time.

But I will have to know one day. In comparison with the delivery day, tomorrow sounds better. Atleast I could compose myself and accept the truth by the time he’s in my arms.

Reign was eyeing my stomach to figure out if his eyes weren't working or if my bump was really not visible. I looked around to make sure no one was near and placed my hand on the hem of my hoodie, tucking it down to show him my bump.

“That's cute.” He said without thinking.

I removed my hand and looked at him trying to figure out what to make of his words. When his eyes came up to my face, he instantly changed the meaning of the sentence.