Someone - Someday

Adeline's Ροv

I knew he’d mess up.

The liquid in the cup was testimonial to exactly how dedicated he was to the assignment.

He didn't look the least bothered with how his claim of a perfect mug cake didn't land. Instead, he was lazily looking at the instructor to finish talking.

“...and this clearly doesn't look like anything close to edible.” Michael said, sighing disappointedly. “I hope you'll do better in the upcoming assignments because there's a clear lack of participation I've noticed from your side in the partner projects.”

“I let the lady take the lead.” He shrugs like the arrogant guy he is.

“That's certainly a noble thought but unfortunately I require each student to work their share and not depend on others.” Our instructor says one last time. “Keep that in mind.”

Michael gives me a third polite smile for the day before leaving. I don't know what's wrong with him today but he has been behaving awkward around me. Whatever the reason may be, I'm glad he likes me now.

He even appreciated my mug cake so much. Although I didn't make the top three list of students, he said mine was brilliant and I should keep up the good work.

He even offered me time to rest if I get tired with the baking. It was weird being the only one to be suggested such privilege but I think that could come handy if I feel overwhelmed with the class —especially with two babies on the way.

Michael leaves the room after dismissing the class and Reign turns towards me. “Aren't you fed up of him already?”

“He’s a good teacher.” I shrug. “I’ve noticed those aren't popular among bad students.”

“He’s a pain in the ass. We’re all paying a good buck for this course, it should be our choice if we want to learn anything and do assignments or just waste our time.”

“Do you have a single thought that doesn't align with the idea that the world should revolve around you?”

I start packing up my stuff and arranging the utensils and appliances neatly on the station. I'm glad we're finally done for the day because I’m really exhausted now.

We made mini apple tarts today and I've got a bunch to take back home. Since Reign also helped out with pressing the buttons of the machine and cutting shape —because it somehow interested him— I’ve given him his share which is fairly less than mine.

“I do. I'm not self obsessed nor am I a narcissist who always seeks attention. And definitely not a brat.” He scowled at me.

“I thought we were talking about Michael, when did you start listing out your qualities?” I raise an eyebrow at him.

He exhales a breath. “What's your problem with me? I'm trying so hard here and you're just fixed at degrading each of my efforts. First I went to school for six bloody hours then I barely got time to shower before I ran straight here from my basketball practice so I wouldn't miss this stupid class. And I didn't even threaten Michael because I knew you wouldn't like it. Can't you see I'm doing all of this for you?”

I look at him and the more I do so my annoyance grows stronger. “If you do something for someone, you don't rub it in their face or go around asking for something in return. This,” I emphasize the word. “What you’re doing, clearly means you don't have pure intentions behind it.”

“When did I say I have any pure intentions for you?” He steps closer to me. “I told you I want to be with you and you purposely keep ignoring all hints of it.”