Gender Reveal

Adeline's Ροv

My hands were horribly sweating as I kept thinking of the worst. I took a deep breath and decided to compose myself, focusing on the people gathered to celebrate my babies.

George and Lucius were sitting on the sofa discussing details of my pregnancy, from delivery at the family clinic to how Lucius will take some days off work to take care of me and my kids.

Surprisingly they looked like best friends, agreeing with each other and building upon the others advice. It was like they’ve put aside their differences for me, to make sure everything goes smoothly and I'm well taken care of.

Two weeks ago, George requested his company for a transfer —which Lucius used his contacts to get sanctioned— so he's moving closer now which is great because he promised to visit more often. Since Josh wants to experience my pregnancy I'm guessing he'll probably come over quite regularly.

Valerie was standing with Sasha and Cyrus with each one holding a champagne glass, talking about their wedding which will be held after a year. Since it's a wedding of two Mafias, there's so many protocols —from venues, security and a huge guest list— to be kept in mind which is why the preparations have already begun.

Rhyett went to stand near his girlfriend to join the conversation but Valerie excused herself, leaving him alone with the couple. And joined Kaito, Ewan and Julian who were busy shaming the twins' spending habits.

I brought my gaze to the guest we have today. He’s getting glared from left and right. The judgemental eyes on him are hard but he doesn't care about any as he stands in front of me confidently.

The twins have partnered with Josh to gang up against Reign. They’ve told him everything from how he flirted with me in the Gala and how much of a brat he is.

They've forgotten their rivalry and bonded over their common hatred for the poor guy. I guess the enemy's enemy is a friend.

“That's a lot, Reign.” I said genuinely, eyeing the piles of gifts.

There was everything from diapers to toys, clothes and even children books and toddler snacks that won't be needed anytime soon. Reign really went all out on it.

“I hand picked these.” He told me proudly.

“That's so sweet but you didn't have to.”

I was unsure how to feel about his gesture. It was so cute that he put in the effort to do all that but I couldn't just accept it. It was too much and probably cost more than an average man’s monthly salary.

“I agree, it's really sweet.” Josh said, shoving the rest of the honey oat bar in his mouth.

“Hey! That's for the babies.” Reign protested.

“It's a while till they’ll be able to eat it. By that time we'll get them the new and better ones.” Adam said, looking through the basket of snacks for my kids.

“You can't just take that without my permission.” I said, pulling him away from my gifts.

“But it's actually good,” Altas said walking over with the same bar in hand. “Try this.” He forwarded it to me and I took a bite.

It was actually really good so I decided to take a few for myself. What surprised me was that all three of them were together in ending the whole supply for my babies like they had no love for them. I need better uncles for my little lives. 

“You can take multiples but we can't even take one.” Adam accused me.

“I'm now taking it for myself, I'm feeding the babies. They’re hungry and they just asked if I could get them something sweet.” I argued.