Loyalty

Ethan's Pov

“Did you decide on the kindergarten they’ll be attending?”

I was given the most embarrassing lines. It was weird how I was randomly so interested in the twins education when I've never given a fuck about anyone's family matters.

“That's still a long way to go, we'll figure something out by then.” Lucius thought the topic was covered but unfortunately I had a few more dialogues to convey.

“They've been teaching some real fucked up shit to kids in kindergartens recently. I bought one myself a few months back, I think that's a better option for the twins.”

“Great idea dad.” Reign complimented acting like he didn't already know this. “Do you wanna go to kindergarten, Aella?” He asked the child, gently cuddling her in his arms and she let out a cute sequel in response.

“I'll think about it.” Lucius politely told me.

“Honestly I don't want them to go to kindergarten. Or school. Or college. I want them to stay with me. They're so tiny and innocent, they’re not ready for the cruel world.” Adeline joined our conversation with some real unrealistic point of view on life.

“We're not sending them off today, Addy.” Altas chuckled.

Adeline sends him a glare and looks at her son who’s peacefully asleep in my arms. Since the first topic was covered I decided to shamelessly bring up the next I was instructed to discuss.

“When are you starting school, little one? After a couple months or next year?”

She looks at me and bites her lip in confusion. “I haven't given it a thought…”

“Whenever you do, just know my son will be impatiently waiting for you.”

I know I went off script but I have had enough of this fifteen year old kid bossing me around. He glares at me, clearly not happy that I'm embarrassing his girlfriend —I know that's what he's saying in his mind.

Fortunately for the lovebirds, Alessio woke up and splattered some milk from his mouth. Since he was laying down I had to immediately put him up right so the liquid didn't go back in his throat and thus it dropped on me.

I guess this was his way of taking revenge for his mother —if I did make her feel uncomfortable.

“Bad Alessio. We don't puke on guests.” Adeline scolded taking him back as Cyrus cleaned his mouth.

I don't think this girl knows that newborns don't understand a thing because ever since I came here, she's been trying to negotiate with and explain to them so many things that are flying off their heads.

Luckily the substance only landed on my coat so I took it off hanging it behind my chair when Adeline's sight fell on it.

“I’m so sorry. He's just not been at his best recently…” Maybe because he was born not even a week ago. “I’ll talk to him about this, he won't do it again.” Why is she getting nervous and saying whatever comes to her mind when I haven't even said a word that could cause her discomfort. “I’ll get that cleaned up for you.”

“It's fine-” My son cuts me off as he gives her a reassuring smile to put her at ease.

“I'll wash it for him when we get home.” The lies this guy tells her.

She giggled at his words like she's already forgotten her nervousness. “Do you even know how to do laundry?” He doesn't.

“So many people here thought I can't deliver a baby either but I successfully delivered two. You might have to reconsider your assumptions about me because doing laundry seems like a piece of cake compared to that.” He gives her a proud smirk that makes her blush hard, probably remembering her labor.