Ring

Adeline's Pov

I stretch my arms and try to bend over to crack my back only to be stopped by Cyrus who puts his hands on my shoulders.

"I'll massage your back but don't do this."

I'm so tired of everyone thinking that I know the least about carrying a baby. They totally discard the fact that it's me who actually has two in her.

"It's not a big deal." I tell him without making my tone any sweet like I usually do.

"You're not getting it but it's not good for you." He replied as we continued our way inside.

"I think you are not getting it. They're in my belly, not yours. If they get hurt, they'll tell me." I snapped at him.

"Adeline, he's just looking out for your babies." Lucius tells me softly.

"I know but I just had a long car ride, I'm tired. Why can't I stretch for two minutes? It's like nobody cares about me anymore. All they care about is the babies."

I give him a subtle glare through the blurriness of my tears that have suddenly made an appearance. But I've decided I won't cry. I've done too much of it.

I hate how my mood fluctuates. And lately it feels like I'm always driven by emotions and not reason. I must be giving everyone around me a hard time.

"That's not-" Before he could complete the sentence I gasped as we reached the living room.

A long cloth in the shape of a giant worm filled with fluff was waiting for me to come squeeze it. Altas had an arm and leg draped around it laying on the carpeted floor.

“It looks so cute.” I loved how pink it was.

“And it's so comfy.” Altas drawled out sighing with his eyes closed.

I went and kneeled down next to him trying to grab the pregnancy pillow. But Altas didn't budge. He had it in a tight grip with a sleepy face.

“It's my turn now.” I try to stay calm. I shouldn't be like Ewan who always solves his matters with violence.

“Later.” Altas mumbled not even bothering to open his eyes.

“But it's mine.” I whined.

“It’s ours.” 

“Altas give it to her.” Rhyett ordered.

He must've gotten it for me since Valerie suggested it last night. My brother is quite fast in getting necessities, I wish he was just as quick in sharing information.

“She can get her own. I'm keeping this one.”

“You're not even pregnant. You don't need it!” I was getting too impatient now.

“Just because you're pregnant means you get a pregnancy pillow and I don't? That's unfair.” Altas was scowling at me now.

“Leave me! Dad!” He protested and called for help when Julian started ripping him off my pillow.

His grip was still steel on my poor bump buddy so Adam had to jump in to grab his hands and tear him completely away. The moment he was off it and caged by our two brothers, I went to claim what's mine.

I could still hear Altas arguing about how cruel the world is and that he was cuddling first but I completely ignored him and laid down.

I wrapped my arms around it and pushed up a leg on it to get more relaxed. It was like a dream come true. After all these weeks of discomfort, I was finally comfortable laying down.