Promise

Adeline's Ροv

I feel something wet on my face. It's tiny little drops. It's so bothersome. I wonder if I'm sleeping outdoors or if Josh is playing another one of his pranks on me.

“Adeline?” It's a familiar voice…. Valerie.

Why is she helping him? I thought she liked me.

When I open my eyes, they shut back on their own due to the harsh lighting in the room.

Why are they flashing it directly on my face?

I start getting more and more pissed as I try to gain full consciousness of my surroundings.

I'm gonna eat everyone who's disturbing my peaceful sleep.

When I finally manage to focus on where I am, I'm taken aback by the three pairs of eyes staring at me with concern.

I frown and try to understand what happened but all the occurrences of earlier seem like a blur to me. My head hurts enough for me to stop thinking and wait for someone to update me.

“Are you okay?” Lucius asks, helping me sit up.

“I… what happened?” My voice came out groggy as a result of my dry throat.

“Your blood pressure dropped and you fainted.” Valerie answers.

“Oh.” That makes sense.

“How’re you feeling?”

“My head hurts so bad, it’s like it's gonna explode and my feet hurt from all the walking and I… I feel like… I think I'm hungry.” I mumble the last part.

“Do you feel anything weird? We can go to a hospital if-” Rhyett gets cut off by Valerie.

“She's fine. She just needs to eat to stabilize her blood level.” He opened his mouth to most possibly argue but she spoke again. “Let’s go get her something.”

She grabs his hand and drags him out. Sensing the need for action, he complies without another word. When they’ve left Lucius squeezed my hand to bring my attention from the door to himself.

“Are you sure you're okay? If there's anything you can tell me.”

“I'm fine, don't worry.” I reassured.

He smiled and pecked my forehead sitting down next to me on the bed. “You scared me, sweetheart.”

“I know. I'm sorry.”

“It's not your fault.” He moves his eyes to my stomach. “How’s the babies?” 

“Probably pissed off cause I don't take care of them.”

“You do more than you can, Adeline. You're too young to manage all of this but you still are because you love them.”

I don't think he knows how much these words mean to me. Ever since I got pregnant I constantly need reassurance. I feel bad for relying on everyone for it but I can't seem to get my emotions under control on my own.

I smiled at him and he spoke again. “Everything’s going to turn out great. The babies are gonna be healthy and they're gonna be just as pretty as you.”

A thought crosses my mind and my smile drops. I hadn't considered it yet but… what if my little lives… what if they're- No! They're my babies! I’m giving birth to them they can’t be-

“What if they look like him?” I whisper the most horrible scenario of my life.

It feels like a nightmare. I don't know what I would do if it turns out to be true. I can't look at that man everyday. The man who destroyed my life, the man who's capable of doing such horrors to a child, the man who I don't know. The one who raped and impregnated me.