The Night Is Ours

Liz and Rain were childhood friends, but they departed ways when they both went to college. Now, they're at the high school reunion.

Some of their schoolmates happily reminiscing their time studying. While others are comparing what they have achieved.

"Pres, ang ganda mo pa rin!", Teddy said as he compliments her. Liz just nod, then shift her glace to Rain who's talking to Kino.

"Huy, matunaw naman si Rain sa titig mo, hindi naman mawawala yung asawa mo!" Franz commented.

"Hindi kami mag asawa, ok? We're friends." Liz said in defense, they're just back to square one. "Ang alam ko, nag asawa siya and that's it!" she added.

"Hi, Liz! Long time, no see!" Rain approaches her, Liz smiled and nod.

"Uy, kumusta? Am glad to see you at the reunion!" Liz said, she was mesmerized with Rain. Like, she never aged.

"I'm ok, huuy, kayo pa rin ba ni Gov. Desiderio?" Rain curiously asked, Liz chuckles.

"We're not, matagal na kaming hiwalay since i caught him sleeping with another girl sa bahay. But the kids stays with me." Liz sighed heavily, "Akala ko nga forever na, nagbabago pala ang tao pagdating ng panahon."

"Aww, so sad to hear that.. Sorry nga pala-"

"No, it's okay. Ano ka ba, ikaw naman.. Kumusta ang love life?" Liz turned to ask, Rain shrugged her shoulders.

"Zero, haha. May hinihintay kasi ako, kaso baka hindi na niya ako gusto?" Rain looked at her with so much yearning.

"Baka yung hinihintay mo, hinihintay ka lang din. Torpe ka kasi eh!" Liz said in jest.

"Tingnan mo 'tong mga bading na 'to, nagtataguan pa ng feelings!" Franz gave them bottles of beer, "Ewan ko na lang kung hindi pa kayo mag aminan!"

As the program went on, there were having a great time reminiscing their life on their dear Alma Mater. Some of the best students were recognized. Liz, being the student government president that time, has given a plaque of appreciation.

"Nais kong magpasalamat sa lahat ng nakasama ko, lalo na sa naging inspirasyon ko nung panahong akala ko hindi ko makakaya. Rain Fuentes, my vice president, i know it's been a long time but –" Liz breaths in, "I.. Love.. You."

The crowd cheered when Liz utter that words, they know she's maton back in high school. But Rain can't believed what she had heard, Liz went downstairs and shook hands with everyone.

Then, the song in the background changes to "214" by Rivermaya – Liz's go–to song.

Am I real?
Do the words I speak before you make you feel

That the love I lay for you will see no ending?
Well, if you look into my eyes, then you should know

"Rain, can i dance with you?" Liz asked, she reaches Rain's hand, the latter held it. All their memories suddenly flashes as Liz was the first to asked her as her date.

That there is nothing here to doubt, nothing to fear
And you can lay your questions down, 'cause if you'll hold me
We can fade into the night, and you'll know

"Yes, of course! tatanggi ba ako?" Rain smiled at her and walked with her at the center where Liz held her close.

The world could die, and everything may lie
Still, you shan't cry
'Cause time may pass, but longer than it'll last
I'll be by your side

Take my hand
And gently close your eyes so you could understand
That there's no greater love tonight than what I've for you
Well, if you feel the same way for me, then let go