The Night Is Ours (9)

Liz attended a gathering of her supporters after a long day at the Municipal Hall. One of her closest friends, Attorney Grace Almendras was there.

She's happy to see her, the lawyer gladly kisses her cheek and hugs her tight. "Kumusta ka, Grace?" She asks, "I'm good, naks Governor Liz!" Grace gave her a high five before they sat next to each other.

As the program commenced, Grace couldn't help but smile as she glanced at Liz, who remained oblivious to the situation. Deep down, she knew that the Honourable Governor already had a girlfriend, and a part of her secretly wished that she could be the one showering Liz with love. While acknowledging that her thoughts might be impolite, she held the belief that she could offer Liz more than what Santi and Rain could provide.

"Attorney, baka matunaw si Gov Liz!" Her assistant Blessie, whispers.

"Hayaan mo na, hanggang tingin na lang eh.. May jowa na, dapat ako yun eh!" She said,

"Ha? Ano 'yon, Grace?" Liz shifted her gaze to her,

"Ah, wala.." Bingi naman nito!

After an hour and a half, Governor Liz bid farewell to everyone, while Grace, on the other hand, decided to take a chance.

"Attorney, may dala ka bang sasakyan?" Liz inquired, stealing a quick glance at Grace, who was engrossed in checking her phone.

"Wala, Gov.. Dadaan ba kayo sa Lopega?" Grace, too, responded with a question of her own.

"Hindi eh, pero ihahatid ka na lang namin.. Mahirap na, marami pa namang masamang loob ngayon." Liz courteously held the car door open for Grace, gesturing for her to enter first. Grace promptly settled into the seat on the left side, while Liz took her place on the right, closing the door behind her.

As the journey continued, Liz found herself repeatedly checking her phone in hopes of receiving a text back from Rain. However, with no response since the afternoon, worry began to consume her.

The car finally came to a stop on Lopega Street, where Grace resided. Grace stepped out first, followed by Liz. The lawyer extended an invitation to Liz, asking her to join for a conversation.

"As much as I want to catch up with you, Grace.. Aasikasuhin ko pa ang mga bata sa bahay, aalis na kasi bukas ang bunso ko." Liz said, "Marami pa namang next time!" She added.

Grace sighs, "Oh well, family first as always."

"Ay, oo nga pala.. Punta ka sa munisipyo bukas, kakausapin kita sa mga kasong gusto kong isampa sa dati kong asawa!" Liz tells her.

"Sige, pag aaralan natin 'yan. O siya, bumyahe na kayo nang hindi na kayo masyadong late!" Grace purposefully brushed her lips against the side of Liz's, sensing the latter's surprise at her bold move.

Grace wave at Liz before she went inside of her house, "Ma'am, tara na po!" Her assistant said. The van drove off and went home.

"Love, sorry kung ngayon ko lang nabasa ang mga texts mo.. Something came up in the office kaya buong araw akong hindi hawak ang phone ko!" Rain calls Liz, she just sighed softly as a response.

"Ok lang, Love. Nagtaka lang kasi ako, kumusta naman?" She asks, while looking at the gate being opened.

"I'm alright, how about you? How's your day, may problema din ba diyan?" Rain bombarded Liz with questions.

"Ah, wala naman.. Inasikaso ko lang yung mga ikakaso ko kay Santi. Actually, I talked to my friend, Atty Grace.. We'll have a meeting tomorrow." Liz replied as she went out of the van and walked towards the front door.