5

It wasn’t until all five layers of barriers were in place that I realised someone was missing.

“Wait, I don’t see Mr. Han Cha-soo.”

It was a sharp voice.

The voice sounded like a sharp knife cutting into the back of my neck, and I turned around without thinking.

Baek-sun’s slender eyes gleamed.

“Has anyone seen Han Cha-soo?”

There was no reply. The faces of the team members who were preparing to return to work stiffened.

This was an opponent even an A-grade Hunter couldn’t defeat. The situation was too bad. It was hard for everyone to keep themselves together.

There were dozens of excuses.

However, they made it to the gate without anyone getting killed.

No loss of life for the first team.

However, the disappearance of a secondary team member was enough to make people freeze.

‘The moment we return, we will be X.’

Everyone on Team 1’s minds were racing.

-What’s the situation, Seo-heon?

Jung Yi-heon’s calm voice hit Jung Seo-heon’s eardrums.

“Ah.”

Jung Seo-heon snapped out of his reverie and returned his gaze to the red orb in his hand.

It was a communication item that his brother had given him just before they left, telling him to take it with him in case something happened.

”…I think my secondary teammate got left behind.”

-What?

His brother’s gaze, reflected in the red beads, was sharper than ever. Jung Seo-heon bit down on the corner of his mouth.

‘Shit.’

The image of Han Cha-soo flashed through his mind.

The man who helped me when I was trapped in blizzard, barely more than a production worker.

A dark pang of guilt dug into his chest.

“Hyung, I’ll get back to you. For now, we need to send a rescue team….”

Just then, the frozen ground rumbled and the heavy air hit him.

Woooo-

A jet-black figure glided towards them, almost touching the sky.

“How many minutes until the gate close?!”

“Three minutes, it can hold on for three minutes!”

“Shit, it’s going too fast!”