34

“Tsk.”

“I guess you got dumped again, my little brother.”

A giggle echoed through the room. Geum Myeong-yeol bristled at the hand gesture to dishevel his hair.

“Stop it.”

“Why? You don’t feel good about being dumped? Do you want me to buy you ice cream?”

Her golden eyes, which looked just like his, glowed darkly.

Geum Yi-rang, master of Nectar, the top ten guilds in England, and a S-rank hunter called the Druid, chuckled and punched him on the shoulder.

“I’m not a kid, I don’t need it.”

He sighed in disbelief, and the laughter grew louder. He felt that he had caught the number of cases not after a long time.

‘I shouldn’t have left then.’

Geum Myeong-yeol’s brow cracked as he sank into the couch. He had rarely felt regret in his life, but this time was different.

The meeting with Geum Yi-rang had been scheduled over a month ago. A promise he couldn’t break, and if he did, he couldn’t live with it.

But as things turned out, he regretted it.

‘I didn’t expect a fight there.’

Nam Se-woo is quite the character, but he’s serious about his mission, and he’s fallen for a provocation. As if that weren’t bad enough, he’s so distracted by the fight that he doesn’t realize Han Cha-soo has been captured by Ki Tae-yeon.

It was only natural that Geum Myeong-yeol would be the one to show up at the end of this ridiculous string of coincidences.

“It’s been a while since I’ve seen you so anxious. Are you sure this time?”

Geum Yi-rang asked, her face no longer smiling. Geum Myeong-yeol frowned, as if he didn’t know what she was talking about.

“Don’t be silly, I thought I told you that I had found a replacement for the Earrings of the Reversal.”

Geum Yi-rang’s eyes widened. She pounded her chest in frustration.

“You didn’t tell me it was a socket item with three S-class abilities!”

“Of course, if I’d said that into the phone, it would have been all over the world in less than half a day.”

“Aha. So it’s my fault?”

“You could have at least come to Korea, sister.”

“Do you think that’s possible?”

She pursed her lips and pointed to the cracked ceiling.

A crystal-white tree was nailed upside down there. Its green leaves swayed in the absence of a breeze and a clinking sound echoed through the air like tiny jewels clashing.