33

It’s so hard to be a villain. Baek-dam returned to calm his racing heart.

Han Cha-soo asked him more cautiously.

“What’s going on? Is it something bad….”

Baek-dam stared at him and suddenly grabbed his cheeks. Before he could ask what was going on, a warmth enveloped him. It was healing.

“Don’t mind it, it’s just a salesman.”

“But.”

“Shush, don’t let it get to you, and when you’re done, go upstairs and lock yourself in your room to rest.”

Han Cha-soo stared at Baek-dam’s back as he left the dining room.

‘You’re lying.’

It’s an upscale housing complex with walls taller than a man. There’s no way a salesman would be hanging around here.

‘Who the hell is that…. Wait.’

The overhead light in the dining room flickered slowly. It flickered on and off several times.

Han Cha-soo realized that his vision was getting darker and darker.

‘Oh no.’

It wasn’t that the light bulb was broken, but that my body couldn’t stand the heat.

Thud.

The sound of something falling rang out, and Baek-dam entered the dining room. He snorted at the sight of Han Cha-soo hanging limply over a chair.

“You’re not careful.”

Baek-dam’s face was nonchalant as he looked at the fallen Han Cha-soo. He slipped his hand underneath Han Cha-soo’s knee, and it was as it should be.

Ding-dong.

“…….”

Ding-dong, ding-dong, ding-dong.

As if he didn’t care anymore, the bell rang furiously, waking Han Cha-soo from his slumber.

After muttering a few curse words, Baek-dam finally answered the bell.

After the connection tone, an ugly face appeared on the screen. It was Woo Jeo-geun, an official from the Awakening Management Bureau.

“Hunter Baek-“

“Han Chasoo-ssi is healthy.”

Baek-dam cut in before Woo Jeo-geun could say anything.

“He’s so healthy that he doesn’t need to take a single step out of the house, especially not to go to the Awakening Management Bureau for an examination, so why don’t you go back?”

It was this human who had interrupted their meal just a moment ago and for a ridiculous reason.

“We’re just trying to make sure he’s okay.”

Yeah, this bullshit. Baek-dam snorted.