35

“Oh, I’ve been in the bath too long, what can I say?”

The truth came out, after a flurry of accusations, verbal abuse, death threats, and questioning.

“But why did you scrub that place so hard? You’re almost skinless, hyung.”

“I just wanted to give it a good clean today.”

The truth was, I had scrubbed every inch of my body, not just the nape of my neck.

But I couldn’t answer honestly. Baek-dam’s aura was fierce and piercing.

It seemed that he was very upset that he had been misunderstood.

“Aha. I have days like that, too. Ah, this is delicious. Hyung, try this.”

Baek-sun smirked and picked up the meat. He could feel his gaze piercing his cheeks.

It must be hard to eat between the Baek brothers, Han Cha-soo said, narrowly avoiding Baekdam’s murderous gaze.

“I’ll eat on my own.”

“Are you going to refuse what Sun is giving you?”

“…Thank you for taking care of me.”

Baek-sun smiled happily and placed the meat on the plate. As if that wasn’t enough, he started pushing the plate in front of him.

More and more plates began to pile up in front of Han Cha-soo. He broke out in a cold sweat at the black aura rising beside him.

‘Delicious food is good. It’s good, but… This is all your brother made for you to eat.’

“You’re lucky, Han Chasoo-ssi, you get all the meat from Sun.”

Han Cha-soo didn’t say anything, just shoved the rice into his mouth. In a flash, he emptied the entire bowl.

“I’m done.”

Escape. Han Cha-soo shouted with joy, and Baek-sun’s eyes widened. He looked embarrassed.

“That’s all you ate?”

He could feel the Baek-sun’s eyes scanning him, and soon enough, regret washed over his pale-yellow eyes.

Han Cha-soo was stunned.

They had already fed him more than two servings of meat.

Holding back the words that threatened to escape his throat, he stood up.

No, he tried to get up. If it weren’t for the hand pressed firmly against his thigh.

“Han Chasoo-ssi.”

His voice sent chills down his spine. He turned his head and their gazes met. Han Cha-soo swallowed reflexively.

It was the sweetest face he’d ever seen. The eyes were kind and the smile was benevolent.

But I knew it was an act, and it sent chills down my spine.

“Where are you going. There’s still a long way to go.”