20

Well, it’s a couple in name, but it’s not really an item that can only be used by lovers.

It was just an item with the restriction that you had to share one with your partner.

Furthermore, couples items usually had better stats than other items in their class.

It’s almost as if they compensate for the penalty.

“Ha, damn, I didn’t realise there was such a restriction.”

Geum Myeong-yeol stared at the earrings with eyes dripping with regret.

“Why did you have to attach them to a couple’s item?”

Part of me would like to stick them in my own ears right now.

But there was a reason they couldn’t.

‘Couples items are all about sharing.’

Whether they liked it or not, couple item wearers had to share one thing with their partner.

It could be a hidden skill or a title they’d been hiding.

Yes, that was a problem.

‘I can’t just give it to them and tell them to fuck off.’

I can’t take it because he’s an S-class with a lot to think about, and I can’t take it because he’s actually an assassin pretending to be a potion maker.

“Hah.”

Part of me wants to give it to him right now and tell him to leave my presence.

‘If I hand it over, I’ll have a mitigating circumstance if it turns out that I was the one who broke his earring.’

By erasing a debt, you make it impossible to pursue past wrongs.

It was a big win for me to get rid of one potential threat.

It was a troublesome situation in many ways.

Han Cha-soo let out an involuntary sigh, and Geum Myeong-yeol sighed.

“Ah.”

The man gave a small laugh and rolled his eyes. His golden eyes sparkled in the sunlight.

In that moment, Han Cha-soo felt an unexplained chill.

“Right, well, there is one way.”

Geum Myeong-yeol muttered and stood up from his seat. His gaze swept over Han Cha-soo as he slowly shook his head.

At the same time, Han Cha-soo realised the source of the creepiness.

In this world, attributed items would lose their attribution markings and drop as soon as their owners died.

Just as hunting a monster would cause the corresponding item to drop, the same was true for a hunter.