47

Han Cha-soo woke up with two hours of sleep to spare.

There was one more person in the group than before.

“Thanks to Hunter Han Cha-soo, we have a very pleasant morning.”

Ki Tae-yeon looked like he’d just rolled off a battlefield. Sweat trickled down his muscles through the open collar of his shirt.

As usual, he pulled up a chair and filled me in on what had happened.

Geum Myeong-yeol’s reckless driving, Baek-dam’s resuscitation of the research materials, and Jung Yiheon waking the director in the middle of the night.

Han Cha-soo’s face grew pale the further back he went. Ki Tae-yeon was nervously chewing on the butt of his cigarette.

‘These crazy bastards….’

Han Cha-soo looked up and glared at the three S-ranks surrounding the bed, one by one.

“Are you hungry, do you want me to bring you a meal?”

“That isn’t a hungry face, it’s glaring eyes, Heavenly Spirit Guild Leader.”

“It’s the eyes that want you both to get lost.”

Naturally, none of them showed any signs of remorse. Han Cha-soo wiped his forehead.

The day before, he had asked the medic to do something very simple.

That he had something to deliver to the Exilis guild master, and that he wanted him to summon him.

However, when the staff asked me if this was enough, I gave them a specific type of item, hoping that they wouldn’t understand and ignore it.

But it went horribly wrong.

‘They have no more patience than dust.’

Han Cha-soo sighed deeply and sneaked a glance at the four of them.

Jung Yiheon and Geum Myeong-yeol. He was wondering which one of them would ask how they managed to unlock the attributed item first.

Unexpectedly, neither of them seemed to care about it.

“The button I gave you last time was too hard to use, so I got a new version. You can wrap it around your wrist and use it, how do you like it?”

“Isn’t that a lost child bracelet?”

“Maybe it’s because he’s an attempted kidnapper.”

Rather, Geum Myeong-gyeol and Jung Yiheon were busy arguing with each other. Han Cha-soo didn’t hide his pathetic mood, and neither did Baek-dam, who was far away from them.

Boom!

An icicle rose from the ground, drawing their attention. In an instant, the air was frozen, and four pairs of eyes turned towards Ki Tae-yeon in unison.

“Am I the only one who’s going to die of sleepiness right now? If everyone’s here, let’s get this over with.”

With a long yawn, he opened a drawer and pulled out a box. It was the box containing the Earrings of Cursed Resonance.