41

Standing in the middle of the corridor, his eyes relentlessly pursued Han Cha-soo

He stares blankly into space, then collapses onto the bed, clutching his face in silent agony.

He wraps his trembling hands around his neck, and then throws them away with a snap, as if the thread had broken.

“…….”

Quack, something chilling flashed across Jung Yiheon’s face as he clenched his fist.

The man who had been raised from the dead was incomparably weaker than before. He wasn’t just physically weak.

Han Cha-soo must have reached his limit mentally as well.

‘I should have known when he fainted at the sight of Baek-dam.’

Looking back, so much had happened to him in such a short time.

From saving people in the Frost Giants’ dungeon, to the attack by Geum Myeong-yeol, to the Irregular Gate, to the quarrel in the trade association, to the attack on Baek-dam.

One thing after another had happened to him that would have worn him down long ago.

“No, it’s hard enough for any hunter.”

Jung Yiheon chewed on his lip as he whispered. There had been many who’d gone on raid after raid, relying solely on their mental strength, only to end up in a bad place. The subconscious fatigue and shock were dangerous.

And he’d missed it.

‘I was too complacent.’

He was so impressed with Han Cha-soo’s determination and strength. He unknowingly assumed he would be fine.

But Jung Yiheon now knows that beneath his hard exterior lies a vulnerable heart.

Han Cha-soo was the type of person who would rather break than bend. He would hold all his stresses and emotions inside, only to crumble at the drop of a hat.

A deep sense of self-pity weighed on Jung Yiheon’s heart.

“I should have looked more closely.”

His eyes were serious as he stared into the opaque glass. He should have been more attentive to Han Cha-soo. He should have watched him closely and reacted accordingly. He can’t lose him now, because he know how hard it is to find someone like him.

“Hah….”

His head felt hot with regret. For the briefest of moments, a black speck flashed over his eye.

Whoosh!

The next moment, a harsh heat exploded around him.

Light refracted through the thick air, distorting his vision. Jung Yiheon snapped out of it.

The man on the other side of the window, who hadn’t moved, suddenly stood up.