21

“At least my efforts weren’t completely useless.”

With a faint smile on his face, Jung Yiheon looked overjoyed.

The corners of his mouth gently curved upwards in delight, as if his hard work had been rewarded.

“It’s worth it to me to have made so many changes to the contract to make it more acceptable to Han Chasoo-ssi.”

His scarlet eyes sparkled in the sunlight.

Han Cha-soo was speechless at his openly pleased face.

Even if it was a misunderstanding that he was going to sign a lifetime contract, why was he so happy about it?

‘What a bunch of good-hearted bastards the Jung brothers are.’

He left his seat, promising to fix my body somehow, or clung to me, promising to repay my favour.

He’s too good to be a protagonist.

Han Cha-soo inwardly clicked his tongue.

If he had been the original Han Cha-soo, Jung Yiheon would have been smacked right in the back of the head.

What’s ten times his old salary for, he might as well have asked for Jung Yiheon’s life.

‘No way.’

In that respect, it was probably a good thing he’d been possessing Han Cha-soo.

Thanks to this, I’ll live, and Jung Yiheon won’t lose his brother…

“Hah.”

Looking at Jung Yiheon, who was still in a daze, Han Cha-soo sighed deeply.

“Guild Leader.”

“Yes, Han Cha-soo?”

“I’m sorry if I confused you, but I didn’t say I was going to sign a life contract.”

“You weren’t?”

Jung Yiheon’s eyes widened as he realised what was happening.

“I thought you were going to stay in the Celestial Guild and be by my side for the rest of your life.”

Of course not.

Han Cha-soo felt a pang of pain at his words. But he didn’t show it and continued calmly.

“No, I meant that I would stay in the guild, just like everyone else.”

“Hmm. That’s a shame.”

He says that, but he looks very disappointed.

But only for a moment. Jung Yiheon nodded, as if he hadn’t been thinking about it.

“Okay, okay, I get it, it’s a good thing for me that you’re not leaving.”

“Then….”

He’s finally giving up on that damned lifetime contract.