82

Approximately thirty minutes after Han Chae-su was caught up in the power of the Phantom Heart.

“Oh, crazy, why is it so wide! It’s so dirty and wide!”

“If I have money to work in such a place, I will hire more new recruits….”

Seo Jung-min was heading downstairs to the operating room where the Phantom Heart was located, leading the Crisis Management Office staff.

Their grumbling was unpleasantly loud the whole way, but he couldn’t help it.

The crisis management office staff are second to none when it comes to temper tantrums like Ki Tae-yeon. They were the best window into the nerve-wrackingly tight security of the research building.

Even now.

“I’m sorry, but you can’t get in here without a level 1 security card….”

“Didn’t you guys hear the broadcast?”

“What?”

“What, you really didn’t hear? Is that bragging right now? Our precious VIP from the Awakening Management Bureau was in danger, but he ignored it…!”

“V, VIP, you mean the one who said he was here for the virtual reality system?”

“Yes! Why, if you don’t believe me, I’ll call the head of the development office myself to confirm it, give him a call.”

“Uh…. Now, please wait a moment.”

This was already the third time.

He was almost a veteran when it came to snapping at his opponents.

Seo Jung-min was impressed by the performance of Monolith as much as the board members.

‘If these guys can get into the secret areas of the research wing, they should be able to do it.’

A secret area that contained all sorts of items and creatures that had been secretly collected since the beginning of the Awakening Management Bureau’s existence, and if they could get to it, they would be in possession of the Bureau’s secrets.

‘If only I had more time.’

He’s even more disappointed that he has to leave the bureau after this mission. There would be no more chances to go as deep into the research building.

But it was just his greed.

Seo Jung-min decided to focus on the reality in front of him.

The only heir to the Monolith and the younger brother of his boss, Chae Raha.

Born with a venomous streak, he’s never done a single human thing in his life. No, for Han Cha-soo’s sake.

To be honest, he still couldn’t believe it. He can’t believe he’s running underground for that scumbag.

‘Still, he’s quite human after losing his memory, so… I guess you could say he’s unintentionally improved.’

Cha Cha Soo and Ga Gwacheon Line. It was a word that really didn’t fit in.

While Seo Jung-min was consumed with remorse, the staff in the crisis management office dutifully carried out their duties.

“What do you think? We’re in trouble, right?”

“…I’ll let you pass for now, but as for what happens after that.”

“Uh, we’ll take responsibility. Bye, Seo Jung-min, let’s go!”

“Oh, yes.”

Again, they were loyal lunatics raised by Ki Tae-yeon. Their workmanship was very neat.