81

(Jung Yiheon’s POV)

“Huuu….”

Sweat from my forehead obscured my view. Searing flames, blackened earth.

I stood in the middle of the boiling inferno and fixed my sword.

Grrraaaaahhhh—!

The lower half of the beast was melting away. So were its steel-like wings.

After three attempts, I was finally able to kill the boss monster in the east zone.

‘All that’s left is the north.’

It’s been two and a half days since we began our assault on the Grade 1 Rift of the Yalu River.

The Heavenly Spirit Guild had defeated 75% of the rifts.

At this rate, we will be able to successfully attack the rift before dawn and go back. Then I’ll stop by the bureau right away to visit Han Cha-soo…

It was then.

“Keuk. “

“Guild Leader?!”

“What the hell, what’s going on?!”

I thought I’d used to it, butI hadn’t. I breathed heavily, covering my mouth.

A terrible pain rose from within me.

A warning flame from the figs. It crawled up my spine, burning my nerves.

The tranquillity Han Cha-soo had given me evaporated as quickly as a summer shower.

I rolled my hands and held them because I felt sorry for it.

“Huh… Everyone, do your business. I’m fine.”

Even as I spoke, my breathing tightened and the pain in my lungs continued. But it was bearable. It was always bearable….

‘Actually, these few days were strange.’

Han Cha-soo had removed the figs. With the stigma gone, my body was as light and swift as if I had been born again.

Thanks to this, the progress towards the rift was faster than expected and the damage was light.

It was all thanks to Han Cha-soo. Yes, everything had been going too well for me since Han Cha-soo had entered my life.

It was as if the luck I thought was mine had taken on a human form.

That’s why. Several times a day, my thoughts turned to him.

“Sigh.”

Even when I cut down monsters, I kept thinking of him.

The moment I shared my breath with him. His pale but soft skin came to mind vividly and I felt like I was going crazy.

I can’t be greedy.

I knew I shouldn’t, but I couldn’t help it. My instinct was longing for him.

I felt a weak sense of guilt.

“Hey, guild leader. Are you sure you’re okay? Get a grip.”

The guild member who had stuck the tip of his spear into the ground handed me a potion. A potion engraved with the sigil of Haetae. It had been donated to the guild by Han Cha-soo.