38

Han Cha-soo was running like crazy in his dream. He doesn’t know why he’s running. Whenhe realize, he was already being chased.

‘From what?’

The obvious question filled his mind and he felt a weight in his hand and looked down to see a pistol.

“Ah.”

It was a familiar gun. It was an entry-level pistol, black with a silver eagle.

And the memory rearranged itself.

The black figure chasing him was nowhere in sight. He wasn’t being chased, he was protecting.

Protecting what?

“H, help me.”

A small cry leaked out from behind him, and he realized what he was guarding.

Thump, thump!

He aimed his rifle at the man running in a straight line.

Kerchak.

Blue light boiled down the barrel as he placed his finger on the trigger.

Wooo-

As the barrel vibrated, a small breath was heard. The tears flowing down his soft vocal cords made him unable to move.

Kyaaaaak!

Red eyes quickly closed the distance. One, two, three. With the last number, he calmly squeezed the trigger.

And then.

“Kerk!”

A heart was ripped out. No, a limb was ripped out. What is this? It hurt, it hurt so much.

Before he knew it, he was lying in a cave. A severed limb and a scream that pierced his throat. This was Han Cha-soo. Han Cha-soo’s memory, his past, no. Is this the novel?

Thoughts bounced back and forth like disoriented bullets.

“Urgh, aaaaackkk!”

Pain coursed down his throat. In the dank cave, Han Cha-soo screamed, because it was all he could do with his will.

Thud, thud. Footsteps echoed in the distance. Footsteps that bounced off the cave walls and struck fear into Han’s heart.

‘They’re coming.’

Damned bastards, devils to chew on! Han Cha-soo despaired in anger. He’d have a good job and a good life. It’s not like his life is going to fall apart because their brothers are missing!

“Today is the last day.”

“…Isn’t it too soon? A little longer.”

“Until when?”

“…….”

“How long do I have to keep that shit alive under the name of venting?”