49

From the moment he handed over the earrings to Geum Myeong-yeol, Han Cha-soo knew he would come back to him. He wondered why he had decided to stay in the Heavenly Spirit Guild when he had been so adamant about leaving. It was all because of Geum Myeong-yeol.

Jung Yiheon wouldn’t be unaware of that, so he’d probably bring something to redeem himself somehow. Han Cha-soo could easily predict his behavior.

So, when he was told that Jung Yiheon would be visiting in the morning. Han Cha-soo prepared himself.

‘I’m scared of life contracts.’

So, as soon as he saw the contract, he felt like he was going to be really traumatized. It was energy-sapping.

‘If I fainted every time he said it, he wouldn’t be able to help me anymore.’

With that, Han Cha-soo is poised to use the constraints to defeat Jung Yiheon.

But what he didn’t expect was….

“Did you sleep well last night, Han Chasoo-ssi?”

Jung Yiheon didn’t bring it. He came to Han Cha-soo without a bag, let alone papers.

“I hear you’ve been eating well, and that’s why you look better than last time.”

Light-colored trousers and a white shirt. The lightly dressed man held a yellow bouquet of flowers in his hand.

He looked like he was about to go on a date and Han Cha-soo’s eyes were filled with confusion, because this was not the scenario he had predicted.

“Here, take this.”

Jung Yiheon walked over and handed him the bouquet. Han Cha-soo took the flowers, creaking like a broken machine.

“The center staff will bring you a vase later and you can put it in there. I chose a not-so-strong scent, so it shouldn’t bother you during your stay.”

As he spoke in a soothing voice, Jung Yiheon never took his eyes off him. His red eyes shone with innocence and Han Cha-soo was speechless.

But then, with a grave expression on his face, he bowed his head. It was a gesture of gratitude.

‘So this is the answer.’

Jung Yiheon breathed a sigh of relief.

‘I’m glad you didn’t bring the contract.’

He knew. With the shackles of Geum Myeong-yeol gone, Han Cha-soo could leave at any time.

But why not ask him for a lifetime contract like he used to….

‘I can’t put him under more stress here when he’s already mentally vulnerable.’

Jung Yiheon wanted him to stay with the guild in good health. A Han Cha-soo with an untwisted mind and body. That’s the kind of Han Cha-soo he wanted.