60

“I don’t want to.”

Without a second thought, Han Cha-soo refused at once.

“Why? It’s not bad for Han Cha-soo. My brother is the one who can’t be reborn, and if we become a family, I will always be there to treat you.”

From Han Cha-soo’s point of view, it was a gesture he didn’t really need.

‘As long as I have the regeneration skill, I won’t die anyway.’

He couldn’t become a family with Baek-dam just for that.

“I’m happy enough as it is.”

Baek-dam didn’t seem to be convinced, and he looked at Han Cha-soo as if he were seeing something strange.

“Enough? That’s not enough, that’s called resignation. Think about it, do you think I’m going to make you like me now? I don’t know why you’re doing this, knowing you’re not.”

Folding his arms, Baek-dam raised an eyebrow. He thought, not bothering to hide his unwillingness.

‘It’s not a bad idea, but why does he hate it so much?’

When had Han Cha-soo ever used common sense? Baek-dam glanced at Jung Yiheon.

Han Cha-soo was the one who had rejected Jung Yiheon. If he couldn’t convince a man who refused to work for ten times his annual salary, he couldn’t do anything else.

Then don’t take the job in the first place.

“Tsk.”

Technically, Han Cha-soo had started it.

‘So why are you so blown up without knowing that you are risking your life?’

It was different from when he saved his brother with Jung Seoheon’s sidekick. Han Cha-soo saved Baek-sun with his clear will. When he couldn’t protect his brother, he risked his own life.

‘Sun-i will never forget him.’

His place in the family was threatened. If he could no longer erase Han Cha-soo from his brother’s mind, it was better to keep him under my thumb.

That was Baek-dam’s decision.

“Hah….”

“I’m sorry, but I’m not going to change my mind.”

He’s just shutting up. It’s annoying, it’s gibberish. Baek-dam’s eyes looking at Han Cha-soo lit up the double wick.

It was at that moment that Jung Yiheon, who had been watching, spoke up.

“I think we should stop.”

The man who had brought the blanket from somewhere else wrapped it around Han Cha-soo’s shoulders.

“You’re taking too much time with someone who just woke up.”

“Oh, thank you….”

He slipped a dull crystal into his hand. Baek-dam soon realized it was the object on the nightstand.

‘I was wondering why you put the ugly thing on the cushion, but it must be a spirit stone.’

Spirit stones usually have pastel colors, so it must be a spirit stone. Well, there was no difference between spirit stones and demon stones.

The important thing is that they are usually used as therapy for emotionally exhausted awakeners.

Somehow, he thought, he had accepted the wager more readily than he should have.