51

After lunch, Han Cha-soo headed to the rooftop with one of the medics. The location was chosen because Ki Tae-yeon had told them to stay away from the water.

“There are more people than I thought.”

“It’s because there are a lot of people from other headquarters. Headquarters 3 and 4 don’t have enough beds, so they often come here.”

A medical staff member named Park Sung-jin was quite the character. He felt a certain intimacy with him because he had seen him from the first day at the medical center.

“Would you like something to eat?”

Park Sung-jin said, pointing to a group of people. He wondered why there were so many people on the roof, but there was a small café off to one side.

Coffee, fresh fruit juices, and herbal teas. It also sold snacks to fill you up. A small sign said there was an employee discount.

‘This place must be doing pretty well.’

Han Cha-soo took a seat at the head of the long queue, thinking to himself, ‘maybe I’ll open a cafe when I leave.’

As he stared at the shrinking queue, Park Sung-jin spoke up with an apologetic face.

“Oh, no coffee for you. You can’t take caffeine because of the antidote.”

“You don’t mind fresh fruit juice?”

“Yes. By the way, do you mind if I stamp my coupon?”

“Go ahead.”

The drinks were bought with Ki Tae-yeon’s card anyway. Park Sung-jin’s eyes sparkled as Han Cha-soo nodded that it was fine.

He looked around to see if he knew anyone else, and then ducked his head.

“Thank you, and… large. I’m glad you’re feeling better.”

Han Cha-soo stared at Park Sung-jin with newfound interest. He wondered why he had to tell him the same story over and over again.

But something was different this time. Park Sung-jin pursed his lips and opened his eyes wide with determination.

“I’m going to get in trouble for saying this… but when you first came in, everyone thought it was half a success just by you breathing.”

“What?”

“You have to keep this a secret, okay?”

“…Okay.”

After receiving his promise, Park Sung-jin snorted and said everything he wanted to say.

When he was pulled out of Baek-dam’s arms, looking like a corpse. How he’d been up all night trying to activate a treatment device that had just finished clinical trials and stem the bleeding.

‘What a mess. ‘

Medical center staff have it tough too. It would be easier for them if he was discharged as soon as possible.

Han Cha-soo felt sorry for them.

‘All I can do now is increase my contact time with Ki Tae-yeon.’

His body was healing itself as the regeneration skill conserved energy, so all he could do was to quickly remove the strange condition of spiritualization.

The problem is that faster removal requires more time in contact with Ki Tae-yeon….

‘If you really need to have skin-to-skin contact, don’t you think there are better ways to build up your stamina and relieve stress than just sitting still and holding hands?’