70

“Goodbye.”

As usual, a straight voice rang out behind him. Jung Yiheon forced his feet to move and left the hospital room.

‘I shouldn’t have done this.’

The short contact left a lot of regrets. Jung Yiheon clicked his tongue inwardly at the unexpected greed in him.

It was then.

“Are you going now? You’re leaving after meeting Han Chasoo-ssi, right?”

“Oh.”

A person who was passing by with a chart suddenly approached him and talked to him. It was a medical staff who always stood by Han Cha-soo with a man wearing glasses.

Jung Yiheon made eye contact with his opponent and nodded.

“Yes. I’m leaving early because I don’t want to tire him out any further.”

“But there were a lot of noisy things today. Becauase of Haetae…. Han Cha-soo must have been exhausted.”

As if worried about Han Cha-soo, the stubborn eyes drooped slightly down. Jung Yiheon stared at his opponent with interested eyes.

The attitude of medical center employees toward Han Cha-soo was impressive. He didn’t save his life, but he acted as if he was a benefactor.

‘Especially the way they chased Geum Myeong-yeol away.’

It was in the process of moving Han Cha-soo that collapsed in the rooftop garden to a hospital room.

On that day, Jung Yiheon, who arrived after receiving the news, witnessed Geum Myeong-yeol being kicked out in real time.

The reason given was the medical staff’s insistence that it would have a negative effect on Han Cha-soo.

“Hunter Han Cha-soo has already been cursed with an irreversible curse once.”

The man in glasses strongly insisted on his expulsion, saying that he did not know what effect the curse-magician who was scattering strange energy would have on him.

“If I’m around, the curse might break out again, are you kidding me?”

Geum Myeong-yeol protested, saying, it’s ridiculous. It was an injustice. He’s not a plague, his presence wouldn’t cause the curse to break out again.

But the director of the center sided with his people.

“It’s for the safety of the patients. Do you really want to put our patients at risk by ignoring the possibility that it’s just a one-in-a-million chance?”

“Sigh….”

Geum Myeong-yeol eventually had to step down when he heard that everything was for Han Cha-soo.

But… well. Is it a position where the head of the medical center can move with such simple good intentions.

Jung Yiheon smiled at the medical staff who looked at him with favorable eyes. It was a habitual act.

“Then, there’s not much time left, but please take good care of me.”

As he turned to leave, the medic’s eyes widened slightly. When he was sure no one was around, he spoke in a low voice.

“Well, may I ask you something before you go?”

“Go ahead.”

The whisper that followed was low and faint enough to require concentration to hear.