96

The island was surrounded by an opaque curtain. There was no need to cross the rocky mountain and look all over the coast.

That was a huge wall. It was probably impossible to get in from the outside.

‘It’s as good as the system set up in the medical center.’

I didn’t have any expertise in the system. I just thought about it from the perspective of common sense.

How could a system that would cover an entire island be so flimsy?

And the one who ordered it was Chae Raha. Han Chasoo’s brother, the one who’d turned the Awakening Management Bureau upside down and faced no consequences.

“Haa….”

When I recalled him, a sigh came out naturally.

The place where the waves could not reach. My eyes scanned the air as I sprawled out on the sizzling sand.

‘This is karma.’

I wanted to slap my past self in the mouth. The world must be holding a huge grudge against me.

I was lucky I didn’t have a crazy older brother, and now they’d given me a maniac who was clearly an S-ranker. It had to be deliberate, and it wasn’t just that.

‘There’s too much narrative depth to a single extra villain.’

To sum up what Chae Ra-ha and Min Mok-ha said during their meal, I was right. Chae Kang-ho’s second son who leads an international company called Monolith.

Naturally, it was not mentioned at all in the original work. The same goes for the emergence of Chae Raha.

There is no room in which a family history of a third-rate villain who is steeped in inferiority will appear.

Therefore, the current situation is a result of him forcibly extending Han Chasoo’s life.

Thanks to myself, it became very troublesome.

“I’ll be damned.”

I frowned with my fingers on the back of my head. At first glance, the light of the boundary flowed over the indigo-colored sky. Suddenly, a fiery voice popped out of my mouth.

“No. After all, I think it’s not me, it’s because of Baek-dam…”

My crumpled eyes showed a sharp look. Upon reflection, it was true.

Why did the words about my family come out of my mouth in the first place?

“Han Cha-soo, how about becoming the second oldest member of my family?”

“Wouldn’t it be better to be part of a loving and harmonious family rather than a life-long contract or a partner?”

If only Baek-dam hadn’t said that ridiculous thing about wanting to be adopted, I wouldn’t have mentioned that I was looking for a family.

Eventually, I didn’t want to welcome Baek-dam as a brother, but I ended up bringing in a really crazy brother.

“Sigh…”

I let out a long groan with my eyes closed; and recalled.

About half an hour before now, a dinner table with a one-sided conversation.

When asked why he came to find me only now, Chae Raha gave the answer.

“Because you didn’t want to see me.”