52

“May I sit next to you?”

Han Cha-soo was a little taken aback by the man’s boldness.

‘Who is this guy?’

He had guessed that the man knew about him. But he didn’t expect it to be so blatant.

‘You’re not what you look like. Did Jung Yiheon tell you to talk to me when you see me?’

He couldn’t rule out the possibility, given Jung Yiheon’s secretive nature. He was the one who locked him in the hospital because he wouldn’t sign a life contract.

‘Hmm… That’s possible.’

Han Cha-soo offered the man a seat as he waited for an answer.

“Yes, you can sit down.”

‘Since we’re in this situation, I should show him that I’m okay.’

He doesn’t know what made Jung Yiheon think he needed psychological counselling. He doesn’t particularly want to know. But he does know that it can be annoying.

So, he thought he’d use this meeting as an opportunity to reveal that he doesn’t have any mental problems.

Even the most arbitrary Jung Yiheon would listen to an expert.

“Thank you.”

The man smiled a relieved smile and sat down on the bench. It was just the right distance, one cup between them. Just far enough to hear his voice, but not within arm’s reach.

‘Say anything.’

Whatever you say, I’ll give you a boring, mundane answer that sounds so normal. Han Cha-soo vowed to himself.

As if waiting, the man spoke softly.

“Well, we made eye contact earlier, do you remember?”

“Yes. I heard from Sung-jin that you help out at the psychological counselling center, but your name is…”

“Oh, I’m Moon Yeon-chul.”

Wait. If I say Moon Yeon-chul, I mean….

‘Wasn’t he Baek-dam’s counsellor in the original?’

If he remembered correctly, Moon Yeon-chul was a supporting character in the novel who had a brief appearance. A supporting character whose name appeared without a proper appearance.

The reason he remembered him was simple.

‘Baek-dam promised to marry this man’s sister.’

In the original film, Baek-dam suffered a deep depression for years after he finished avenging his brother. A terrible depression marked by self-harm and suicide attempts. Seeing this, Guild Leader Philoso almost semi-forced him to see a counsellor, and he undergoes constant counselling and medication.