65

“Are you going back already?”

As we finished the tour and were about to head home, Ki Tae-yeon gave a rare sign of regret.

“There’s nothing to do there anyway, so we can hang out here some more.”

I stared at him wondering why he was doing this all of a sudden. Then Ki Tae-yeon frowned. He must have realised something unusual.

“I thought it would be good to just learn it with my eyes…. That’s enough. I can’t hold onto a sick person. Go, I’ll come by again later.”

“I’ll see you then.”

The gaze that kept following behind my back bothered me, but Ki Tae-yeon no longer held me.

On the way back from the field trip. One of the medical staff raised a question.

“Are you really going to do that?”

“You mean the training?”

“Yes. To be honest, I don’t know if it’ll really help you.”

He looked quite serious.

“I couldn’t bring it up earlier because Director Ki Tae-yeon was in front of me, but… it’s not as safe as the existing treatment method, and I’m worried that Han Cha-soo will get hurt for no reason.”

The medical staff’s faces were clouded by the fact that the deputy head of the development office, who had been named as Ki Tae-yeon’s opponent, had collapsed after the scuffle.

“It’ll be all right. It’s not like I’m really facing the director, but I’m just warming up lightly according to my ability. And I am not so weak as you might think.”

“But….”

“How about this, then. Director Ki Tae-yeon doesn’t want to go around 12 headquarters and write a report.”

“Oh.”

The face of the medical staff was filled with warmth. I smiled with satisfaction like a well-fed cat.

There is no way that a person like Ki Tae-yeon who doesn’t want to work will hurt me by mismanaging his strength. It was a speculation close to conviction.

‘They were pretty good items, by the way.’

I thought as I rubbed my aching wrists. All the items collected by the development office were good. The physical condition was different when worn and after release.

‘There’s no way I can get this item on my hands.’

I clicked my tongue in disappointment as I walked into the medical center.

“It’s hard to see your face.”

A heavy voice struck down with a shadow.

“Han Chasoo-ssi, have you been well without me?”

The golden eyes glowed tenaciously in the sun.

___________________________

The reunited Geum Myeong-yeol felt more burdensome than before. In a way, I felt more burdened.

“Isn’t it hard to walk?”

“It’s not hard at all.”

I frowned, gently hitting his hand that touched my waist. I don’t know what’s wrong with him.