29

[A clash of the big guilds at the Korean Item Trade Association!]

The sensational headlines dominate the current affairs section, and the guilds’ publicists are swamped with incoming calls.

Han Cha-soo woke up with a terrible dull pain.

“Ugh.”

He groaned into the throbbing back of his neck. His gray eyes, barely able to lift his eyelids, were blurry with pain.

“Ah, crazy.”

The pain felt like someone had hit him with a hammer. It couldn’t have hurt like this otherwise….

It wasn’t a hammer, but it was something close.

Dazed, Han Cha-soo recalled his last memory.

He was barely out of the exchange when someone punched him in the back of the head.

“Ha….”

Why is life so hard?

Han Cha-soo stared at the ceiling, half in a daze. I don’t believe in God, but if there is one, I hope I only meet him once.

It would be easy to beat God in a novel world.

A moment of blasphemous thought. Han Cha-soo soon looked around the room.

His steady eyes twisted in wonder.

‘What is this place?’

A room that didn’t look like a hospital room. Han Cha-soo’s eyebrows rose at the sight of the iron-framed bed and low-grade bedding.

If it looked familiar, it probably was. In comparison, yes. It was similar to a field ward.

But it was the first time in this world. I guess it’s a space that serves a similar function, but….

Where it was attached to, that was the question.

Chulk, chulk.

“Tsk.”

I tried it just in case, but the door wouldn’t open. The doorknob kept turning in vain.

Indeed, he is the one who openly knocked people out and dragged them. Would you let me run away just because I came to my senses.

“…What would happen if I hit it.”

I remembered where my coat and dagger were. As I rummaged through my inventory, I heard footsteps.

They seemed to be coming this way.

Han Cha-soo quickly threw himself onto the bed he was lying on. He cracked his shin against the frame on the way but didn’t let a groan escape.

It was all habit. He closed his eyes and rolled over.

With a well-timed creak, the door opened. Followed by the sound of strong footsteps pounding the ground.

Thud, thud, thud.

The heel of a shoe hit the floor for the last time. An icy chill ran up my spine.