78

“Is it loud in the research building?”

“Yes. Judging by the posts on the intranet just now, something has happened.”

Kwak Yi-jeok, the head of the Central Security Office, wrinkled his brow.

“People are asking if they should evacuate. The kids from the Crisis Management Office are running around the corridors like crazy….”

“What?”

At the mention of the Crisis Management Office, Kwok’s face turned grave.

“Give it to me, let me see.”

Kwak Yi-jeok put down the glass and opened his hands. The subordinate swallowed the sushi he was holding in one bite and handed over the phone.

Kwak Yi-jeok, who checked the contents, burst into laughter.

“Ki Tae-yeon and two orphan babies must have been caught up.”

“Really?”

“Uh-uh, hey, sit back down, you two, we don’t need to go there. We can search both of them, or we can leave them alone until it blows over.”

After all, they were busy escorting VIPs to the conference after-party.

Kwak Yi-jeok, smiling, pulled his cell phone out of his pocket. His thick fingers moved the screen quickly.

He was checking for reports from the staff in the research building.

“Huh?”

“What’s wrong?”

“Why haven’t these guys contacted me?”

Zero messages received, zero missed calls.

He checked his separate communicator. None of the five people he’d sent to the lab had contacted him.

Even Kang Woo-jin, who was appointed as the person in charge.

“…Are you watching?”

According to the post, the anomaly had occurred at least half an hour ago, so it was strange that there was still no news.

“Hey everyone, try calling.”

One by one, each of the men dialed the number.

“No answer.”

“Me too.”

“What the hell, is this some kind of blackmail by the bastards in the Crisis Management Office?”

Kwak Yi-jeok growled in a low voice.

It was a situation that could not be explained unless it was threatened. In particular, it didn’t make sense that Kang Woo-jin didn’t say anything.

Kang Woo-jin, a newcomer to the Central Security Office, was an active man in everything. Isn’t it also him who suggested that only new recruits be included in Han Cha-soo’s security team.

Kwak Yi-jeok snorted.

“Don’t tell me they’re harassing them out of spite for helping the staff in the research building?”

“Crazy guys! Director, why don’t you go and get them?”

Kwak Yi-jeok, who breathed a sigh, clenched his teeth. He said, pressing down on his throbbing head.

“…Let’s just go with the ones who know how to fight. If they’re captured, bring them out, and if they’re hit, leave evidence.”

For them, a kick was not a consideration. He’d been stupid enough to go to Crisis. What does it matter what happens?