45

The Exilis Guild was bustling with people even late in the evening. Half the people had been drawn to the nocturnal nature of the Guild master, and half had joined Exilis on purpose because they were nocturnal by nature, so the towering building was never without light into the night.

Today was no different.

“Haa…. Can I go now?”

Geum Myeong-yeol said in a dying voice. His large body was half-crumpled on the sofa, and his eyes were glazed over.

He’d been snatched up by his secretary as soon as he’d returned home and dragged back to the guild, where he’d spent the last few days catching up on all the work he’d missed.

“Don’t be ridiculous.”

The secretary snorted and dropped the stack of papers in front of him. It was so heavy that the desk creaked with a thud.

Geum Myeong-yeol looked at it with a grimace.

“I’m really going to die.”

“Don’t be ridiculous. I haven’t been next to the master for a day or two, but your face is shiny like a newborn baby?”

“Does it look that good? I shouldn’t.”

Geum Myeong-yeol quickly held up his face to the mirror.

“You do. The wood effect must have been too good. Hey, Hwa-jin, can you hit this one?”

“Three months of paid leave on top of worker’s compensation, I’ll think about it.”

“If I’m right, why are you going on holiday?”

“Don’t you think I deserve that much for punching an S-rank with my bare fists?”

“Enough!”

Geum Myeong-yeol shouted, throwing the mirror away. The secretary snorted and dropped another stack of papers in front of him.

“Stop fooling around and work hard. Who wants to be here forever? Do what you want to do after you’re done.”

“Okay.”

For a moment, there was silence. Only the sounds of shuffling papers and fountain pens gliding across paper echoed through the office.

But then someone broke the silence. It was, of course, the impatient Geum Myeong-yeol.

“Can I just see his face?”

The secretary glared at him with beady eyes.

Three gates were opened during Geum Myeong-yeol’s stay in England. Seven newly discovered unassaulted dungeons, and the guilds, thirsty for a new source of items, pounced on them like dogs, leaving Exilis, in the absence of a guild master, to take a backseat.

They’re even losing out to a guy who’s barely in the top 10!

With a bang, the secretary hit the desk with the corner of the tablet he was holding. Hood ducked. Crumbs fell to the floor.

“Do you want to die before you get the earrings?”

“…….”