8

Five days earlier, Han Cha-soo had just been brought to Yubaek Hospital and put on a ventilator.

That day, Baek-dam received the phone call he had been waiting for for almost two years. It was from his only loving brother.

“Sun-ah, what’s going on?”

The hand that held the receiver trembled with excitement.

It had been two years since I’d decided I couldn’t take it anymore and ran away from home to join the Heavenly Spirit Guild.

Baek-dam breathed heavily, eager to finally have his brother back in his arms.

“Are you trying to come back home? Our Sun-yi, you just realized that you’re going through a lot when you leave home. Don’t worry, we’ve been waiting for our line. The password remains the same…”

But the words that rang in his eardrums were something else entirely.

- heueueuk, hyooong. Shit, I can’t believe I have to call you with my hand, sobs.

“…Sun-ah?”

- You… come to Yubaek Hospital immediately.

Baek-sun declared to Baek-dam in a stern voice, even though he was whimpering.

- Please come over right now, save someone’s life and help me cancel his resignation.

“What, you’re calling me crying over some other bastard?”

- You’re coming or you aren’t!

He even yelled at him in a cute way. Baek-dam wondered what kind of bastard made him cry, but he decided to keep his head down.

You can’t be an older brother and beat your younger brother.

That’s how Baek-dam, the vice guild leader of Philoso, the country’s third-largest guild, and one of only five S-class healers in the world, came to heal Han Cha-soo.

“…That’s how it happened, so thank you, Han Chasoo-ssi.”

Baek-dam placed his hand on his chest and bowed his head. His fine hair waved behind him.

“If Han Chae-soo wasn’t in a state where it wouldn’t be strange if he died at any moment, Sun-yi wouldn’t have called me.”

“…Is that so?”

Swallowing his embarrassment, Han Cha-soo looked at the man in front of him.

‘This must be the man that Baek-sun really didn’t want to contact.’

Despite the holy atmosphere, the man’s behaviour was quite harsh.

But at least he’s the one who cured me, so I should thank him. Even if it was completely unnecessary.

Han Cha-soo, his head bowed, spoke quietly.

“Thank you for your help. By the way, I heard that Baek-sun had an older brother, so that must be you.”

“Sun-yi must have told you a lot about me?”