37

Ki Tae-yeon heard about Han Cha-soo’s news while he was in the middle of a tirade with the general manager.

“Ki Taeyeon-ssi, do you realize how many people are in trouble because of your stubbornness?”

“…….”

“I thought the Bureau’s motto was to make life easier for the awakened and reduce unnecessary misunderstandings with the general public, but Ki Taeyeon-ssi is doing the exact opposite!”

Min Jong-sik, the head of the Awakening Management Bureau’s First Headquarters, slammed his hand down on his desk. His eyes were fierce as he stared at Ki Tae-yeon.

“If a coworker covers up your misdeeds, you should be grateful for that, but you’re going around assaulting people, are you out of your mind?”

None of this would have happened if the Security Office hadn’t sent Han Cha-soo home in the first place. Moreover, it wasn’t the Security Office that was injured, but the Crisis Management Office.

It’s one thing to freeze someone just to scare them, it’s quite another to actually shoot them.

But the director, who sided with the Security Office, didn’t care.

“You know you’re out of your mind.”

And Ki Tae-yeon didn’t care much either. Behind the Security Office is the chief, but behind him is the bureau chief.

Min Jong-sik, the director, knew that and frowned.

“Team leader Ki Tae-yeon, are you trying to match me?”

“You can fire me if I’m that unpleasant, Mr. Director.”

Ki Tae-yeon smiled, as if he was enjoying the thought.

“Actually, isn’t it an old saying that civil servants are iron-fisted? I’d like to find something else to do, but the director doesn’t allow it. Oh, I meant the National Assembly and the people, not the director.”

“…….”

Min Jong-sik’s eyes were murderous as he glared at Ki Tae-yeon.

Ki Tae-yeon, head of the Crisis Management Office. His name was well known among the citizens.

On the day Min Jong-sik held a luxurious inauguration ceremony with ruling party lawmakers at a hotel. Ki Tae-yeon put down the terror attack at a nearby bus terminal.

If I were to cut him off, it would never end quietly.

“But if I’m not here, who else is going to save you…. Ah, the security office, thank goodness, I’ll ask them to evacuate you well so you won’t be caught on camera this time.”

“Ki Tae-yeon…!”

Min Jong-sik gritted his teeth. He remembered how he was caught on camera running away in a panic.

Min Jong-sik became the center of attention that day. The new head of the department who doesn’t care about the safety of the citizens! That became the new catchphrase for Min Jong-sik.