Chapter Seventy-One: Weekend Walk

The light from the morning sun poured in through Y/N's window and shone on her face, causing her to slowly wake up.

She sat up and stretched before looking over at Rodrick who was snoring like an old man.

Y/N laughed softly before she climbed out of bed and started to get ready.

Once she was dressed and her hair and teeth were brushed, she went back into her room. Rodrick was still deep in sleep. She smiled at him and placed a kiss on his forehead before walking out of the room.

The moment Y/N went downstairs she was struck with the delicious aroma of bacon and eggs. She went into the kitchen to see her mother cooking breakfast while brewing a pot of coffee. Lee was right by Y/N's mother's feet, patiently waiting for a piece of food to fall.

"Good morning, Y/N," her mother said.

"Good morning, Mom," Y/N replied as she snuck a piece of perfectly cooked bacon from the plate next to the pan her mother was using.

"I'm assuming Rodrick stayed the night," her mother said as she flipped over the eggs.

"Yeah. How did you—"

"His van was in the driveway. And I heard him snoring," her mother interjected. Y/N chuckled softly and stole another piece of bacon. "So, what did you two have for dinner?"

"Pizza. Rodrick's choice," Y/N replied. "There's some leftover too."

Her mother nodded before she placed the egg she had been cooking onto the plate with the bacon.

"How long does he normally sleep for?" Y/N's mother asked.

"He could sleep until next week if someone doesn't wake him," Y/N replied with a laugh.

Y/N's mother opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by footsteps upstairs.

A few seconds later, the footsteps made their way down the stairs and into the kitchen. Y/N turned to see Rodrick standing there, looking half-dead.

"Good morning," Y/N said cheerfully.

"Morning," he mumbled before he took a seat at the table.

Y/N's mother handed Y/N two plates of bacon and eggs. Y/N thanked her before walking over to the table and placing the plates down. She slid one in front of Rodrick and kept the other one for herself.

"Thank you," he whispered groggily. He picked up a piece of bacon and started to munch on it.

Y/N's mother turned off the stove before taking her spot at the table.

Once breakfast was over, Y/N helped her mother with the dishes before she and Rodrick went into her room.

"You should probably go home soon," Y/N said.

Rodrick sighed. "I want to stay here," he mumbled as he lied back on her bed.

She smiled and gently ran her fingers through his hair, causing him to close his eyes. "Your mom is going to be wondering where you are," she told him.

"That's okay," he whispered.

Y/N sighed before scooting closer to him and kissing the tip of his nose. He smiled and his eyes fluttered open. "Come on, Rodrick," she told him as she took his hands. He huffed before getting up from her bed and picking up his old clothes. Y/N left the room so he could get dressed.

When he was done, Rodrick and Y/N went downstairs. They stood in the entryway, holding each other's hands. Rodrick wrapped his arms around Y/N and held her close to him. "I love you," he said before pulling away and kissing her forehead.