Chapter Seventy-Five: Babysitting Again (Again)

Y/N woke up to Rodrick snoring beside her. She smiled and placed a kiss on his cheek. Then, she sat up. The sudden movement caused Rodrick to wake up. He gave her a tired smile. "Good morning," he mumbled.

"Good morning," she replied as she brushed the hair out of his face. He sat up and wrapped his arms around her. "Do you want any breakfast?"

"Yes, please," Rodrick whispered as he reluctantly let Y/N go.

She climbed out of bed and began making her way downstairs, Rodrick following her.

When they got into the kitchen, Rodrick sat down at the table as Y/N peered in the fridge. "What would you like?" Y/N asked.

"Cereal's fine," Rodrick replied as he rubbed his eyes.

Y/N nodded and took out the carton of milk along with a box of cereal from the cupboard. She poured herself and Rodrick a bowl before joining him at the table.

As they ate their cereal, Lee waddled into the kitchen.

"There you are," Y/N said. Lee wagged her tail and sat on the floor between Y/N and Rodrick, waiting for food to drop on the floor.

When they were done, Y/N took their bowls and placed them in the sink.

Rodrick picked up Lee before he and Y/N went up to her room. He and Lee sat down on Y/N's bed as she changed into new clothes. Then she went into the bathroom to brush her teeth and hair. When she came back, she smiled when she saw Rodrick and Lee cuddling on the bed. She sat next to them and Lee walked over to her. Y/N smiled and kissed the top of the dog's head.

"So, what should we do today?" Y/N asked.

"I think me sneaking into my house is first on the list," Rodrick replied. Y/N laughed softly. "But after that, maybe we could take Shredder for a walk or something?"

Y/N kissed Rodrick's cheek. "I'd love that," she said. Rodrick smiled as his face went hot. "And I think Lee would like it too."

Lee wagged her tail and barked happily. Y/N and Rodrick laughed.

"Well, I suppose I should go now," Rodrick said with a sigh. He got up from the bed and kissed the top of Y/N's head. "I'll be back soon. I love you."

"I love you too," she replied.

"Bye, Lee. Love you," he said as he walked over to the window. Lee barked in reply. He smiled before opening the window and climbing out.

Y/N patted Lee's head and cuddled her while she waited for Rodrick to return.

Two hours later, Y/N received a text.

doofus<33: hey so mom needs you to babysit today
doofus<33: so that means no walk with shredder
Y/N: At least I still get to hang out with you
doofus<33: yeah:)
doofus<33: only if greg isn't a little shit
Y/N: Lmao
Y/N: So, when does your mom want me over?
doofus<33: hold on
doofus<33: i'll ask her
doofus<33: she says you can come over now
doofus<33: i'll come pick you up
Y/N: Okay, thank you:)
doofus<33: anything for you y/n/n <3
Y/N: <33

She shut off her phone and began making her way downstairs. She sat on the bottom step and waited for Rodrick to show up.

She smiled when the door started to open. But it wasn't Rodrick.

"Hey, Y/N," her mother mumbled. She had dark rings under her eyes and she looked as though she couldn't walk properly.

"Is everything okay, Mom?" Y/N asked, tilting her head.