Chapter Thirty-Seven: Jealousy

Heather sat at her new cafeteria table with her newly recruited minions. She didn't listen to them. Her eyes were on Brad who sat at a table with his basketball teammates. She wanted to talk to him but he was too busy to even look at her.

Her eyes left him for a brief moment and she saw Rodrick walking over to a table with the two guys in her math class and two girls she didn't know. She smiled and got up from the table.

She made sure to catch Brad's attention by walking past his table and 'accidentally' brushing her arm against his. He looked away from his teammates and his eyes crept onto her. He smirked as she walked with her back facing him. His eyes scoured every inch of her body.

(I hated writing this paragraph. Brad makes me sick. I would kill him off if this were a fantasy fic or something)

"Whoa," Heather heard Brad say. She smiled to herself before walking over to Rodrick's table. His left side was occupied by a pretty girl with Y/H/C hair and Y/E/C eyes.
(your hair colour and your eye colour)

Heather seated herself on the other side of Rodrick and smiled at him. "Hey," she said.

He looked at her and at first scooted away but then remembered the plan he had made with himself. He let out a fake, nervous laugh. "Hey there."

The pretty girl looked up from her food and eyed Heather skeptically. "You never introduced me to your friends..." she trailed off and realized she forgot his name.

"Rodrick," he replied. She nodded. "Uh.. this is Y/N." He pointed to the pretty girl beside him. Heather gave her a fake smile. "That's Lexi. I mean, I guess her and me are friends?" Lexi looked to Heather and shook her head.

"No way in hell would I be his friend," Lexi said to Heather.

Heather pretended to eye Lexi up and down in disgust and scoffed before turning to Rodrick. "I wouldn't mind being your friend." She touched his shoulder and tried not to cringe.

Y/N bit down on her tongue to fight back the things she wanted to say to Heather.

Rodrick chuckled nervously as Heather's fingers trailed to his hand. Y/N looked down at Rodrick and Heather's hands and surprisingly contained the urge to smack Heather's hand away.

Heather looked over her shoulder at Brad who watched her intensely. She smiled. Her plan was working. She faced Rodrick and leaned in close to him. "We should hang out sometime."

"Y—yeah that'd be great," he replied. "Does tomorrow sound good?"

"Perfect, I'll give you my number in math," she told him. She did not want to have his number in her phone but she was going to do everything it took for Brad to notice her.

He nodded and swallowed the lump in his throat. She let go of his hand and got up from the table. "See you later, Rodrick," she said to him before turning away and leaving. She let out a sigh of relief and walked out of the cafeteria to wash the Rodrick Germs from her hands.

Y/N bitterly stabbed at her food, wishing it was Heather's face.

"Oh. My. God," said Barry. "Good job, man!"

Rodrick laughed. "Thanks."

Lexi glared daggers at Rodrick. She felt like punching him or even killing him. How could he completely throw away Y/N like that? And to act that way with another girl in front of Y/N? It made Lexi furious.

Ben wasn't too happy either. Y/N felt like a little sister to him. And sure, he felt happy that Rodrick was being chased after by a girl like Heather Hills but this was unacceptable. Ben was rooting for Y/N and Rodrick.

Y/N shifted away from Rodrick and tapped her foot angrily. She didn't know whether or not she was angry at Heather for being all touchy with someone she had just met or at Rodrick for completely forgetting that they were supposed to hang out tomorrow.

Rodrick, on the other hand, was feeling a mixture of emotions. First was confusion. Why was girl like Heather being nice to him? Second was guilt because he saw Y/N's expression and felt bad. Third was anger at himself for ditching Y/N for Heather. He wanted to cancel but then he knew he would get caught in the cycle of waiting an eternity for Y/N to share his feelings. He let out a sigh. This was going to be difficult. Very difficult. But at least Heather was nice to him, right?

Author's note: i hate this chapter lol. the next few ones are going to be very dramatized so please don't judge lol. anyway, thank you so much for over 1k reads it means so much and i am grateful for all of those who stuck around and showed their support. i hope you have an amazing night/day. i appreciate you!!!!