Chapter Sixty-One: When In Rome

Y/N and Rodrick woke up when they heard the door to their room open.

They sat up to see Lexi walking into the room. "Get up, you two. We're going to have breakfast."

"How did you get in here?" Rodrick asked.

Lexi held up her key card. "Dumbass," she muttered as she put her old clothes into her suitcase. "Now come on."

Y/N slipped off the bed and walked over to her suitcase, pulling out an outfit.

"I'll meet you in the hotel buffet," Lexi told her as she walked out the door.

Y/N got dressed, brushed her hair and cleaned her teeth in the bathroom before walking over to her suitcase to put away her pyjamas.

Rodrick sat on the bed, wearing a new change of clothes. He stretched before going to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

When he was done, they walked out of the room together and went into the elevator. Y/N pushed the button that would take them to the main floor and watched as the doors closed.

Rodrick let out an over exaggerated yawn. "After breakfast, can we go back to bed?" he asked.

"No. We have to go sight seeing," Y/N told him. Rodrick sighed and rubbed his eyes.

A few seconds later, the elevator opened. They stepped out and walked through the lobby. Y/N spotted their classmates walking over to the little buffet in the hotel. She grabbed Rodrick's hand and led him towards them.

Y/N quickly spotted Lexi, Ben and Barry all sitting at a little table near a window. She pulled Rodrick towards them and they sat down.

"Don't you look nice," Ben said to Rodrick who ran a hand through his messy hair.

"Oh, Y/N, you have to try the croissants here, they are so good!" Lexi exclaimed.

"Do you want one?" Y/N asked Rodrick as she stood up.

"Yes, please," he replied, giving her hand a gentle squeeze before she walked away from the table.

Rodrick rested his chin in his hand and sleepily looked down at the table.

"Man, I feel bad for Logan," Barry said. Rodrick peered over his shoulder to see Logan sitting at a table near theirs. He sat beside Heather and Brad who seemed to be in an argument.

Heather glanced in his direction and he quickly turned around, pretending to scratch his neck.

A few seconds later, Y/N came back to the table, holding a plate with two croissants on it. She sat down and placed it on the table. Rodrick picked up one of the croissants and took big bites out of it.

"So, where are we going today?" Y/N asked as she ate her pastry.

"I heard they're taking us to the Colosseum," Lexi told her.

"Whatever that is," Rodrick mumbled.

"It's almost like a theatre," Y/N told him. "I'll show you a picture of it."

She pulled out her phone and went on Google, showing him some photographs of the Colosseum.

"That looks really old," Rodrick said as he bit into his croissant.

"Yeah, I hope a chunk of it falls on you and you get crushed," Lexi told him.

Rodrick stared at her. "Uh, okay."

Ten minutes later, the teachers gathered all the students in the lobby where they waited for their shuttle.

"Now remember, treat everything and everyone with respect," their teacher told them. "If we catch you doing anything disrespectful or irresponsible, we will bring you back to the hotel and call your parents so they can schedule you a flight back home."