Chapter Fifty-Three: Greg's Diary

Rodrick woke up surprisingly early. He rubbed his eyes and yawned. He checked his phone to see that Y/N had messaged him when he had fallen asleep. He smiled and quickly shot her a text.

Rodrick: sorry for not answering
Rodrick: i fell asleep
Rodrick: i'm awake now though so good morning:)

He placed his phone down and grabbed his clean clothes from his suitcase before going into the bathroom to change into them. Then he brushed his teeth and went back into the living room. He sat down on the couch and looked down at Greg who was still asleep on a cot next to him. His eyes fell to Greg's journal which was lying out in the open. He smirked and picked it up. He flicked to the page which was most recently written to see that it was dated from last night. He smiled and began to read about how Greg was hating his visit at the retirement home. Then he got to a good part.

"I've never believed in fate or destiny or whatever until now. Things are finally starting to go my way," he read aloud in his best 'Greg' voice.

"Rodrick, be quiet," Greg mumbled. "Talk with Y/N on the phone someplace else."

"I thought being at Grandpa's was punishment, but really, it was destiny that Holly was here too," said Rodrick. "My luck had finally changed."

Greg sprang up from the bed and saw his journal in Rodrick's hands.

"Awww," Rodrick mocked. He let out a laugh and got up from the couch. He started to run around his grandfather's mini apartment with Greg's journal. Greg followed him frantically.

"Give it back, Rodrick!" shouted Greg.

"This stuff is priceless. No way!" Rodrick laughed. They were back in the living room. Rodrick stopped and held his hand out, pressing it against Greg's forehead so he couldn't advance any further.

"Give it back!" Greg yelled.

"Oh, you know what?" Rodrick said as he looked at the TV screen to see Holly in the lobby. "I will give it back... To Holly. Wait until she reads this garbage."

He ran out of the apartment and Greg started to follow him.

As Rodrick dashed down the hallway, he began to read further. "I can't believe my luck. I finally got Holly all to myself, without Chirag or anyone else!" Rodrick took a turn and continued to laugh. Greg was still chasing after him.

Rodrick stopped in front of the elevator and punched the button. The elevator opened with a ding and Rodrick went inside.

"Come on, Rodrick! Give it back! Give it back!" Greg shouted.

"Now way!" Rodrick hollered.

While Rodrick was in the elevator, there was an old lady standing beside him. She looked at him and smiled. "You're the boy I saw yesterday. Who was being all lovey dovey with that girl," she said.

Rodrick smiled and nodded his head. "Yep. That's me."

He rocked back and forth on his feet. "So which floor are you going on?" he asked.

"I like to stop at all the floors and see how many people get in and then I talk with them," she told him. "It's a great way to make new friends."

He nodded. "I'm going to have to ruin your routine for a moment," he said as he pressed the button for the main floor.

A few seconds later, Rodrick reached the main floor. The doors opened and he saw Holly. He was about to walk over to her when some of the residents who were doing their morning jog cut across his path. When they all were gone, Rodrick made his way over to Holly. He opened his mouth to call her name but Greg ran past him, holding a plant pot to cover up the fact that he wasn't wearing any clothes besides for underwear. Greg snatched his journal from Rodrick's hands and ran through the buffet. Rodrick laughed at his brother's humiliation. While he was laughing, he looked up. Then he saw a camera. He smiled and got a great idea.