Chapter Eighty-Seven: Perfect Person

When Y/N woke up the next morning to someone snoring in her ear, her first instinct was to punch them but she refrained from doing so when she realized it was Rodrick who was next to her.

She turned around to face him. He looked so peaceful and comfortable. She smiled and cuddled into him.

On the other side of Rodrick lay Lee who had her tiny head on his chest. She looked at Y/N who reached over to pat the dog's head.

Lee wagged her tail and stood up. She then started to crawl over to Y/N, carelessly walking all over Rodrick.

Rodrick let out a groan and opened his eyes to see Lee walking on top of him. He sat up and she quickly leapt off him.

Rodrick rubbed his eyes vigorously before stretching.

"Good morning," Y/N said as she sat up too.

He gave her a smile. "Good morning." He ran a hand through his messy hair before giving her a serious look. "Are you okay?"

She nodded and smiled. "Yes, I am. Thank you."

He reached forward and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. They met eyes and shared a smile.

Y/N opened her mouth to speak but was stopped by the sudden knock on her door.

"Y/N?" her mother's voice called. "Are you awake?"

"Yes," Y/N said.

"Is Rodrick there with you?" her mother asked.

"Yes," Y/N replied.

"Okay, Susan was looking for him," said her mother. "She called a few minutes ago. She wants him to go home."

"Okay, we'll be out in a second," Y/N told her mother. When she heard footsteps walk away from her door, Y/N turned to Rodrick. "Come on, doofus, let's get you home."

He sighed. "No," he grumbled. "I don't need to go anywhere."

"Aww, are you saying that I'm your home?" Y/N asked teasingly.

Rodrick's cheeks went red and he turned away from her. "Don't make it cheesy, Y/N."

She laughed before she got up from her bed and walked over to her dresser to pull out a new outfit for the day. Then she disappeared into the bathroom to get dressed.

Once she came back, she saw Rodrick pretending to sleep on her bed.

She gave him an amused look before walking over to him and wrapping her hands around his legs. She yanked on his ankles to pull him out of bed which, to her disappointment, did not work.

"Rodrick," she huffed as she pulled on his legs again.

He laughed before he swung his legs over the side of her bed and stood up.

He looked down at her with a small smile. "I guess I should go see what Mom wants," he mumbled. Y/N nodded. "I'll see you soon, Y/N. Oh, and if you ever need me today or tomorrow or whenever, just text me and I'll be over right away." He pressed a kiss to her forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too," she said with a smile. "The same goes for you, Rodrick. If you need me, text me."

He nodded, his smile growing. "Bye, nerd," he said as he turned around.

"Bye, doofus," she replied as she watched him leave.

—————————Hours Later————————

As Y/N lay in her bed, curled up with a good book, her phone went off.

She set her book aside and picked it up to see that Rodrick had messaged her.

doofus<33: Y/N M/N L/N
doofus<33: GUESS WHAT
Y/N: OMG WHAT??
doofus<33: MY MOM MADE A DENITIST APONTMENT FOR ME
Y/N: A WHAT?
doofus<33: A DENITIST APONTMENT
Y/N: A DENTIST APPOINTMENT??
doofus<33: YES
doofus<33: THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE AWAY MY SMART TEETH
Y/N: YOUR WISDOM TEETH??
doofus<33: YES
doofus<33: Y/N
doofus<33: I AM SCARED
doofus<33: WHAT HAPPENS IF I LOSE THE BIT OF WISDOM THAT I HAD
Y/N: RODRICK, THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS
doofus<33: REALLY
Y/N: YES REALLY
doofus<33: oh
doofus<33: i'm still scared tho lmao
Y/N: Why's that?
doofus<33: i hate the dentist
doofus<33: what kind of person likes to touch teeth
doofus<33: a crazy one that's who
Y/N: It'll be okay, Rodrick
doofus<33: i guess
Y/N: If you want, I could be there for you
doofus<33: i would like that very much
Y/N: Do you know when your appointment is?
doofus<33: i think the day after boxing day
Y/N: I'll probably be free
Y/N: If I'm not, I'll cancel whatever I have to do for you
doofus<33: :)
Y/N: :))
doofus<33: you are amazing y/n
Y/N: So are you, Rodrick
doofus<33: i know
Y/N: Bahahahahaha
doofus<33: :)
Y/N: :))
doofus<33: i love you
Y/N: I love you too
doofus<33: i know i say it a lot but i really do mean it
doofus<33: and i don't think i can say it enough
doofus<33: because i really do love you
doofus<33: i want to make sure you know how much i mean it because you are literally the most perfect person to ever walk this planet
doofus<33: screw that you are the most perfect person to ever exist in this universe and all the other universes
doofus<33: anyway i love you
Y/N: <33
Y/N: I love you so much <3
doofus<33: <3
Y/N: As much as I enjoy this conversation, I need to sleep
Y/N: Goodnight, Rodrick
Y/N: I'll see you tomorrow <3
doofus<33: see you tomorrow
doofus<33: goodnight nerd :)

Author's note: this one was kind of short but oh well. anyway, i hope you are all as excited as i am to have rodrick be under anesthesia. i also hope you are having the best day/night ever!! i appreciate you!!