Chapter Ninety-Three: Studio

While Y/N's parents were away on their honeymoon, she was spending the last bit of break at Rodrick's. Which was... interesting.

The Heffley household was not quiet in the slightest during Mrs. Heffley's scheduled bedtime. Manny put up a massive fight with his mother and kept wailing. Greg kept trying to convince his parents to let him stay up a bit longer. And Rodrick tried to escape into his room with Y/N so she didn't have to deal with his family.

"I am so sorry," Rodrick said when Y/N curled up under his blankets.

She chuckled softly. "Don't be."

He climbed in next to her. "They're not always like this," he told her as he shifted around to get comfortable. "Must be because you're here. They're probably excited. But you'd think since you're here they'd be calm and behaved."

Y/N nodded before tugging on the blanket which was pointless since Rodrick had most of it wrapped tightly around him. "Rodrick," she huffed.

"Hm?" He turned to look at her. "What's wrong?"

"You're being a thief," she told him as she gave another sharp tug. He just laughed. "This isn't funny. Your room is freezing."

"Sorry. Here." He lifted the blanket up and draped it evenly over the both of them. "There you go. Happy?"

She nodded and cuddled into him. He wrapped his arm around her and placed a kiss on the top of her head. When he heard her start to quietly snore, he smiled and closed his eyes.

————————The Next Morning———————

Y/N woke up the next morning on the edge of Rodrick's bed with him practically on top of her. She didn't have a sliver of the blanket since Rodrick was hogging it.

(this man takes up the entire bed —i just know it. he doesn't just lay there, he literally sprawls. and he definitely takes all of the blanket)

She lifted his arm up from around her waist and slowly tried to slip out of bed.

Suddenly, both of Rodrick's arms slid around her and he pulled her back into bed.

She peered over her shoulder at him to see him still snoring. She furrowed her brows. How could someone be so clingy while sleeping?

After many attempts, Y/N finally got out of bed and got ready for the day.

Then she went downstairs and into the kitchen where Mrs. Heffley was making blueberry pancakes. "Good morning, sweetheart," she said. "Would you like something to eat?"

"Yes, please," Y/N replied with a smile. She seated herself at the table with Mr. Heffley, Greg and Manny who were all eating their breakfast.

"Morning, Y/N," Mr. Heffley said as he set down his newspaper.

"Good morning," she said with a polite smile.

"Is Rodrick up?" he asked. Y/N shook her head. Mr. Heffley chuckled. "That's not a surprise. He'll probably wake up after lunch."

"He better wake up soon," Mrs. Heffley said as she walked over to the table with a plate of pancakes in her hand. She placed the plate in front of Y/N who grinned. On her blueberry pancakes, Mrs. Heffley had made a smiley-face out of whipped cream. "He has to go to the recording studio today."

"Oh, right. I forgot about that," Mr. Heffley said. He turned to Y/N. "Do you know when that starts?"

"I think my dad and I booked it for 2:30 ish," Y/N replied as she started to munch on her breakfast.

Mrs. Heffley glanced at the clock on the wall and sighed. "By the time he wakes up and gets everything packed into that van, it might be past one o'clock."