Chapter Fifty-Seven: Costume Shopping

The light from the morning sun shone through the window in Y/N's bedroom, glowing on her face. She stirred and opened her eyes only to be met by Rodrick. She at first considered screaming or punching him but refrained from the urge.

"Rodrick," she whispered. He didn't react. "Rodrick," she repeated, louder this time.

He groaned and turned over on his side, his back facing her.

"Rodrick," she said, gently shaking him.

"Let me sleep, Mom," he grumbled, burying his face into the pillows. "It's the weekend."

"Rodrick," Y/N said once again. He rolled over and opened his eyes, looking angry at first but he smiled when he saw Y/N.

"Oh, hello," he said, rubbing his eyes. He sat up and yawned.
(him saying that reminds me of that one scene with jasper jordan and octavia from the 100)

"What's for breakfast?" he asked.

"Rodrick, you're supposed to be home," she told him.

"I know.... what's for breakfast?" he asked again, smiling.

Y/N sighed and got up from her bed, running a hand through her tangled hair.

"Do you always look like that when you first wake up?" Rodrick asked her as he stretched.

Y/N slowly nodded. "Yeah. My—"

"Wow," he breathed, his eyes wide. "You look so pretty."

Y/N felt her face go red. "Don't be ridiculous," she muttered as she grabbed some clothes from her closet.

"I'm not," he replied. "I don't know many people who look nice when they first wake up."
(get a mirror, rodrick)

Y/N smiled before leaving the room and getting dressed in the bathroom. After she brushed her teeth and her hair, she went back into her bedroom to see that Rodrick was gone. She furrowed her brows and shoved her old clothes into her laundry basket. Then she made her way downstairs.

She went into the kitchen to see her mom and Scott cooking breakfast together.

"Good morning," she said to both of them as she got a glass of water.

"Good morning, Y/N," Scott replied with a smile as he flipped over a pancake.

"Good morning," her mom said as she kissed the top of her head.

"How was the date?" she asked them, leaning against the counter.

"Good. We went to a nice restaurant and then went mini golfing," her mother said.

"It was your mom's idea to play mini golf," Scott told Y/N. He handed Y/N a plate and gave her some breakfast.

"Oh, Mom, my grade is going on a trip to Europe in the beginning of November," Y/N said. "And you only have to pay for the flights. The room, food and shuttles are all paid for by the school. We'll be going to Pairs, Rome and Transylvania."

"I've been to Rome, it's a wonderful place," said Scott.

"May I go, Mom?" Y/N asked.

Her mom kissed her cheek. "Of course," she said. "I'll email the school about the cost later today."

"Thank you, Mom," Y/N said.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Y/N heard Lee jump off the couch and bark.

"I'll go get it," said Y/N's mom as she left the kitchen.

"This Europe trip sounds pretty cool," Scott said as he turned off the stove and placed a plate of pancakes on the table. He sat down and put some pancakes on his plate. Y/N seated herself at the table as well.