Chapter Sixty-Eight: Build-A-Bear

Rodrick woke up at one in the afternoon. He was still exhausted from all the travelling and still wasn't used to the time difference.

When he went downstairs, he noticed that his family was in the living room. He stepped inside to see that not only was his family there, but Y/N was too. He rushed over to her and sat down beside her.

"Good morning," he said, taking her hand.

"Good afternoon," she replied with a smile.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry. Good afternoon," he corrected. She smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Ew." Y/N and Rodrick turned to see Greg grimacing at them.

"Mom, tell Greg to mind his own business," Rodrick said, glaring at his brother.

"Greg, honey, listen to your brother," said his mom. Greg's mouth fell open and he looked between his mother and Rodrick. Then he sighed defeatedly and faced the TV. Rodrick smiled smugly before turning to Y/N.

"What are you doing here?" he asked in a hushed tone.

"Just wanted to see you," she replied with a shrug. "I didn't know you would be asleep though. But your mom let me stay until you woke up."

Rodrick nodded. "Do you want to do something?" he asked her.

"What do you have in mind?" Y/N asked.

He shrugged. "Well, it's been forever since we've gone to the mall," he told her. "So we could go there."

Y/N nodded. Rodrick smiled and got up from the couch, pulling her up with him. "We're going to go out for a bit," Rodrick announced.

"Okay, but be home in time for dinner," his mother told him.

Rodrick nodded before him and Y/N left. They hopped in his van and started to drive down the street. They arrived at the mall fairly quickly. When Rodrick parked his van, he hopped out and opened Y/N's door for her. He held out his hand which she gladly took and he escorted her to the entrance of the mall.

Once inside, they went around to different stores before they walked past Build-A-Bear.

Y/N stopped in her tracks, causing Rodrick to stop as well. He followed her gaze to the toy store. She faced him and smiled. Rodrick led her into the store and they wandered around.

They went over to the selection of bears. Rodrick picked up one and pretended to make it do a kart wheel. Then he pretended to make it jump onto Y/N and sit on her shoulder. She chuckled softly. Rodrick plopped the stuffing-less bear into its compartment before turning to Y/N who gasped.

"I used to have one of these," she said, picking up a frog Build-A-Bear. Rodrick smiled as she flipped the frog around in her hands, examining every inch of it. "It looks so cute. It looks just like the one I used to have."

"Do you want it?" Rodrick asked. Y/N looked at him.

"What?" she asked.

He pointed at the frog. "Do you want it?" he repeated. "We could stuff it together. And pick out clothes and other things."

Y/N smiled. "You really want to do that?" she asked. He nodded. "Okay." She took his hand, holding the frog with the other, and led him over to the stuffing station.

Rodrick couldn't help but grin when he saw Y/N radiating with excitement.

The woman sitting beside the machine with all the stuffing smiled at them. "Hi there," she said. "Do you want to pick out a heart?" She handed them a little container full of plushie hearts which were all different colours and patterns.